• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I know FFC is shaking in their boots after that Euro run. Catastrophic level winter storm for all of N GA if that verified.
I will say after that euro run they're likely going to increase their confidence slightly. While fluctuations will happen this seems to be a really good situation for us unless it goes way north.

Spann....maybe he spoke too soon :]

SNOW, AND RUMORS OF SNOW: I always try and cut through the noise and keep it real here, as you know. Let's get right to the weekend.
A disturbance will bring rain to the state, most likely Saturday night and Sunday morning.
You will see deterministic model output from the American global model (the GFS) all over social media this morning, showing a "snow storm" for North Alabama.
What you won't see all over social media is output from the reliable European global model, which shows mostly a cold rain with only a few snow flakes.

Spann....maybe he spoke too soon :]

SNOW, AND RUMORS OF SNOW: I always try and cut through the noise and keep it real here, as you know. Let's get right to the weekend.
A disturbance will bring rain to the state, most likely Saturday night and Sunday morning.
You will see deterministic model output from the American global model (the GFS) all over social media this morning, showing a "snow storm" for North Alabama.
What you won't see all over social media is output from the reliable European global model, which shows mostly a cold rain with only a few snow flakes.
He is notoriously bad at winter weather, severe is a different story.

We just can't win in Charlotte. It was looking like this one was for us now Atlanta has it :rolleyes:
What model are you looking at? This has the making a historic storm for a lot of people on this board. Like I said before focusing on these clown maps this far is out not the right way to go about predicting the final solution.

Less amp solution=weaker low=less warm nose =more snow
I feel like a trend towards a weaker low is unlikely at this point. The Models are consistently trending towards a more amped wave with the engery in the SW with each and every run. I think the best we can hope for barring a miracle is that there's more sleet involed and less freezing rain as we get closer(like February 2014).

850mb low and temperatures on Euro

4z2sMwz.gif

I feel like a trend towards a weaker is unlikely at this point. The Models are consistently trending towards a more amped wave with the engery in the SW with each and every run. I think the best we can hope for barring a miracle is that there's more sleet involed and less freezing rain as we get closer(like February 2014).
Down yall's way, i doubt you're going to get out of the freezing rain. That warm nose is stout at 850.

That would be our version of what Texas got last year. Especially with the pattern we look to be in for the next two weeks.

It’s a quandary for them. I suspect they project extreme uncertainty and hedge on the GFS. They tend to gravitate to the most conservative model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back