• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

gfs_2022011106_fh138_sounding_KRDU.png

As others have said, I think the triangle area knows how this story is likely to go...
yea when i lived in raleigh we got screwed so many times with under modeled WAA. usually around 60hrs the NAM would start firing warning shots. if im RDU east i am praying for a less amped lp because if that thing cranks over those SSTs that are running 10+ than normal the waa will be killer.

Temps are an issue for areas west of the Mountains . Gonna need the low close off and move head to maximize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you keeping score at home:

View attachment 103741
Personally still one of my favorite winter storms of all time. Similar to Jimmy I was in the 3rd grade and had my winter break extended because of this storm. I still had patches of snow on the ground in the backyard for nearly 2 weeks. Even the mini snowman I made survived about that long although it was in a shaded area. Only other January storm that slightly edges it out for me is January 2011.

From weatherforyou.com Atlanta, hmmm

Sunday Jan 16
Snow
Day: Cloudy with snow. Highs around 34°F. Wind chill values as low as 20°F. East northeast wind to 18 MPH, gusting to 44 MPH. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Wintry Mix
Night: Partly cloudy with rain and snow. Lows around 27°F. Wind chill values as low as 17°F. West northwest wind 9 to 14 MPH, gusting to 34 MPH. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Monday Jan 17
Partly Cloudy
Day: Partly cloudy. Highs around 33°F. Wind chill values as low as 16°F. West northwest wind to 13 MPH, gusting to 31 MPH.
Report ad​

Sun & Moon Monthly
Morning Twilight7:16 AM
waxing gibbous

Waxing Gibbous
Sunrise7:43 AM
Sunset5:47 PM
Evening Twilight6:14 PM

Contiguous United States Extremes
Mon's High Temperature: 87 at Fort Myers Fl​
Mon's Low Temperature: 34 BELOW ZERO at Badoura Mn​

Weather Folklore
The moon her face be red, of water she speaks.
zandh_radar_header_255.png

5.png
5.png
6.png
6.png

current.png
current.png
current.png
current.png

+-

Leaflet | © OpenStreetMap contributors, ©AerisWeather
Click here for Interactive Radar
Report ad
Ad Free Weather
Already a Clear Sky subscriber? Click here to login

Report ad​

More Roswell, GA, Weather Information
Weather Warnings
Doppler Radar
State Weather Conditions
Satellite
Report ad

WeatherForYou.com, LLC is not responsible for any damages or problems caused by this service. Current weather conditions for Roswell, GA, are obtained from the closest government operated station, a personal station contributing to the PWSweather.com network which may have varying degrees of accuracy or from the Meteorological Assimilation Data Ingest System (MADIS). WeatherForYou.com, NOAA and their data providers disclaim liability of any kind whatsoever, including, without limitation, liability for quality, performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose arising out of the use or inability to use the data. Weather forecasts are powered by AerisWeather. Like all things, this site belongs to Jesus Christ... He just trusts us to maintain it. If you have any questions or comments email [email protected]

Copyright © 2021, WeatherForYou.com LLC. All rights reserved.
Wind gust 44 mph ???

what is cool about these types of storms is it results in so many young kids turning into weather nerds. i know the crusher in 2000 really kick started my love of weather. nothing better than watching the weather channel in the days leading up to a storm and seeing my profile pic icon.

back on topic, really interested to see if we see models waffle a bit today into tomorrow as our storm is still over the pacific. usually see models lose these around this timeframe only to come back.

Back