• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

cashing in the euro
1642420800-eu4ORpmIbVU.png

cashing in the euro
1642420800-eu4ORpmIbVU.png

Why would you cash that in when it can trend better ?

In all seriousness the SE trend continues . Will be interesting to see if it continues over the next few cycles or if we get the normal NW shift . Either way looks much better up that way and to the NW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think this will move further south during Sunday Morning...surprise this is not freezing rain.
It does show the snow moving further south a bit through mid morning before retreating north in the late morning. One other interesting thing about the euro is that is has been trending towards much lower ice totals across north Georgia then it did 24 hours ago.
Compare today’s run:
127F2D97-BD53-4A8F-90A5-2B22C806E069.png
With yesterday’s 12z Euro:F530B910-B45C-4839-8473-990B1FE65537.png
Of course we will have to see if this continues or reverses as we get closer. As well as what other models show.

I think some areas from CLT-GSO could pick up over a inch to near 2 inches of sleet in this setup with the snow and ZR lol
Im wondering if anyone can post a total sleet accum map. I;m guessing MBY is 3-4 snow, 1inch + genuine sleet, .25 frzng rn.
total qpf 1.5

The Euro Op and Canadian Op are west of 95 . Horrendous track for this one. All Globals inland west of the ens. But this one is pretty much set in stone. Just matter now of doing what I just attempted to do. Need the sleet. We never get higher than 26 at surface during storm here

Thing to note for you weather weenies. Most of the snow won't stick immediately. Takes a bit for the ground to get cold enough, especially after the semi warm temps before. Unless we can get some heavy rain to heavy snow it won't stick immediately. Nonetheless any snow is good snow. Hoping everybody gets covered with some snow.

Thing to note for you weather weenies. Most of the snow won't stick immediately. Takes a bit for the ground to get cold enough, especially after the semi warm temps before. Unless we can get some heavy rain to heavy snow it won't stick immediately. Nonetheless any snow is good snow. Hoping everybody gets covered with some snow.
Rates will overcome all. We saw snow quickly accumulate last week after multiple 75 degree days

This is going to be a whole different animal than the hot storm the other week, though. A lot of areas getting snow will be getting it with temps well below freezing. I think for many areas it shouldn’t have any issue sticking. Some areas will be seeing snow at 20F. I’ve seen snow at 20F before and it basically sticks immediately and is such a different experience to snow at 33F. Night and day, really!

Why would you cash that in when it can trend better ?

In all seriousness the SE trend continues . Will be interesting to see if it continues over the next few cycles or if we get the normal NW shift . Either way looks much better up that way and to the NW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in the purple and close to pink...but I want you to get some too, so I'll wait to cash in ;-)

Back