• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Euro takes the low west of I-95

87836726_prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_ma(3).thumb.png.5a77f061dbd3e09087f5efa8bb2870ae.png

I think some areas from CLT-GSO could pick up over a inch to near 2 inches of sleet in this setup with the snow and ZR lol

Didn't like that Euro run at all. Just a whole bunch of freezing rain. Sleet would be fine as it accumulates and doesn't knock out power. Hate the track of the low as well.

At this point the globals are what they are I guess. Time to watch the NAM and RGEM.

Can't really tell if this was a wobble 'twixt the NAM earlier or respecting the GFS a little bit. Really curious about that energy transfer with the LP. Seems like that would dry up precip in GA given that is goes from SW of Birmingham @hr 72 to near Charleston @78.

I admittedly am not good at understanding this...just watching the letters move from one spot to the other.

I am getting more and more confident that we could get a quick 2-4" in the upstate with that initial precip. Especially along 85.
850’s are plenty cold on the front end. I would probably bet on the heaviest frontal band setting up south of 85.

Back