• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

ive never seen as hard a left turn as this one on euro and Can op. No bending , just staright on north. This is why I root for coastals.
If it does it will be fascinating to watch from a meteorological perspective. Gonna be some crazy temp gradients along the coastal areas and maybe further inland.

That EURO ice accumulation map would mean "turn out the lights, the party is over" for the NC Triad, Sandhills, parts of the Triangle and northern South Carolina. I hope this storm trends differently as in more snow/less ice for these areas. A earlier and longer switch over to cold rain from frozen precipitation would be better than what is being modeled.

If you think we have the final answer 3-4 days out you are going to be sorely wrong. Do we really think the models (short range especially) won't change some in all that time. We know it will. Hopefully for the better for many
Obv depends on where you're at but moisture will be moving into MS, TN in 48 hours. The HRRR running now should be interesting for those areas.

Euro has me right at a foot
1642075200-BFYF6zbxHQk.png

Back