• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

rain line up past clt now.
gfs_ref_frzn_seus_17.png

Lower heights in the NEView attachment 104396

It'll still Miller B no doubt but likely more wedging and farther E with the secondary
I also saw some 850 fgen trying to set up as you always mention, would love to see that overperform as it moves north across the state. Sometimes they can put on a nice frontend thump show before the changeover to slop

GFS similar evolution to 06z BUT the CAD is notably stronger this run for CAD areas .. I still like my idea that the CAD in place will be very hard to move and thus this could stay ice for longer for many areas .. right now from RAH to CLT it has at least 6 hours of freezing rain in the 20s

GFS similar evolution to 06z BUT the CAD is notably stronger this run for CAD areas .. I still like my idea that the CAD in place will be very hard to move and thus this could stay ice for longer for many areas .. right now from RAH to CLT it has at least 6 hours of freezing rain in the 20s
may be sleet
1642003842340.png

This isn't all snow of course but seeing it expand east some is indicative of the stronger CAD and more ice before the transition. For Central NC this is a slight shift but hopeful (if you like anything frozen) the beginning of a trend, still turns all rain but the initial wintry could still be significant. Something to watch

1642003917030.gif

Back