• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

999mb over raleigh hahaha
gfs_ref_frzn_seus_18.png
And then it barrows up into central Pa. JB will be sweating it out in State College.

This isn't all snow of course but seeing it expand east some is indicative of the stronger CAD and more ice before the transition. For Central NC this is a slight shift but hopeful (if you like anything frozen) the beginning of a trend, still turns all rain but the initial wintry could still be significant. Something to watch

View attachment 104408
I hate how those maps include ip. I know its to far out to really care about totals. Hopefully the foothills can hold that warm nose off for as long as possible.

I also saw some 850 fgen trying to set up as you always mention, would love to see that overperform as it moves north across the state. Sometimes they can put on a nice frontend thump show before the changeover to slop
Yeah we want to snow as much as quickly as possible Sunday morning and out perform model expectations. Only issue is locking in a colder sfc pool would mean more ice issues on the back

gfs_T2m_seus_18.png
IF the GFS was to happen, this would be a ridiculous gradient. I have lived in the Carolinas all my life, but i have never seen anything like that. It's just hard to buy...

Nethertheless, the ole GFS says who cares what you think, i am trucking due North. Screw the haters.

Geez, that’s a mostly IP storm around Charlotte-gso, even tho models show lots of ZRView attachment 104409View attachment 104411View attachment 104412
Man this is just down right impressive .. I’ve seen cold insitu CAD hold on longer than the Gfs things this does.. something just don’t seem right with the quick erosion .. this is one of the most impressive CADS we’ve had in some time and it’s just going to get moved completely in 6 hours ?? I don’t think so

View attachment 104413
IF the GFS was to happen, this would be a ridiculous gradient. I have lived in the Carolinas all my life, but i have never seen anything like that. It's just hard to buy...

Nethertheless, the ole GFS says who cares what you think, i am trucking due North. Screw the haters.

Yeah, I can tell you, based off experience, that if you have a strong CAD, 58 is likely not going to be my high. Upper 40s maybe...but 58...nah.

But it isn't going to make a difference here it seems.

We will finally get a clear picture of the NAM FGEN band with I believe the 00z run tonight .. the differences on models are already intriguing 20E1B149-EBE1-45A7-BAC9-8156E73F9A95.jpegC3EE5C80-A9F3-40A4-BE09-3BCDB1F88B02.jpeg

Back