• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

I just don’t think this is really trending for places outside of places like Winston Salem and mountains ... you need that high pressure further south and or stronger to make anything happen outside of those areas .. maybe sleet onset to rain ??‍♂️ I’m not trolling either i just really don’t know about this one .. we will see

I just don’t think this is really trending for places outside of places like Winston Salem and mountains ... you need that high pressure further south and or stronger to make anything happen outside of those areas .. maybe sleet onset to rain ??‍♂️ I’m not trolling either i just really don’t know about this one .. we will see
Allan Huffman and Jonathan wall are having good convos about what I’m talking about on Twitter right now .. they know their stuff that’s for sure

Allan Huffman and Jonathan wall are having good convos about what I’m talking about on Twitter right now .. they know their stuff that’s for sure
Yeah, I saw that. Really good points made by them! We really need the high to be over NY rather than Quebec/Ontario if we're getting an ice storm. I'm still sticking with ZR potential Winston Salem northwestward.

Yeah sure is, I just don’t know tbh, normally ukie agrees with euro at this range however euro has been the warmest but slightly more consistent solution
Doesn’t take much to make that wedge flex further down the spine. Leaning CAD areas in favored NC areas right now. Light icing event for those areas is my early gut call.

Euro has the right idea not far off. Winter weather advisory maybe a warning near the blue ridge. Any glaze is advisory so a lot of the piedmont included. Sleet-Snow is bonus wiggle room given it’s days away we shall see.

Imo I think we should go more with the euro, GFS might be a little bit to cold (doesn’t it have a cold bias ?) same with CMC it’s to cold a lot of the time, NAM should be coming into range soon, let’s see what it shows with regards to thermals over the next few days

Back