• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Of course the ice storm trends inside 100 hours
View attachment 57265
Wow the strength of some of those CAD signals going all the way into Georgia ... leads me to believe we could have a long way to go with this one (in terms of how much that high can trend even colder and closer)

Really could go either way at this point. This is when the small stuff starts to matter between 30 degree ZR and 32-33 degree heavy rain. Can we pop a meso high? Too early to tell. I will say that usually when things are this marginal at this lead, at least for my area down in the upstate, they usually turn out to be chilly rain. This one has my attention though. Once again, I’ll play.

CMC could honestly be much bigger, it’s not even strong with our first low that becomes the 50/50 yet manages to give NC a winter storm...
This thing basically has more potential to get colder imo A15276BA-978D-4446-9230-AA68FE6278BF.png

heres what That dec 2002 ice storm looked like if y’all aren’t familiar View attachment 57256
That was a good one! We had a couple good ice storms back in the early 2000’s here. I can still close my eyes and remember the sound of branches snapping. I stayed at my buddies, either 2000 or 2002, and half a tree fell and slammed his chimney in the middle of the night. Nearly knocked the house off the foundation. Fun times.

Back