• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow, Rain...Kitchen Sink (12/15-16)

Things that you hate to see: That ^

Knowing that global NWP models almost always underestimate CAD and we still have another 3-4 days for this to keep trending towards more intense/colder CAD, this trend is making me a bit nervous for folks in the central-eastern piedmont of NC & upstate SC.

So kinda like what the pre event before the big one on Feb 12th did, (which helped to amplify the cold air with snow pack just to the North) I wonder if we can get this first event Monday to overproduce, which will lay somewhat of a snow cover to our North, which may help deepen the cold air for the Carolinas. I specifically remember here in the Midlands, it trending colder at the last second 12 before the storm. We went from being in the worst forecasted area of ice to just North of it, which eventually led to catastrophic ice totals South of Columbia. I think maybe that first event could be a variable in what the mid week storm does. Just a thought.

Back