• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

18z NAM looking flatter out to hr 21....whether that will have meaningful impacts downstream, we shall see.

Edit: Northern steam is going to be a problem, though.

Last edited:
18z NAM looking flatter out to hr 21....whether that will have meaningful impacts downstream, we shall see.
Flatter is our only hope actually, would have less issue with waa with that.... let's see how it translates out here shortly.

Flatter is our only hope actually, would have less issue with waa with that.... let's see how it translates out here shortly.
Significantly slower than last run, afraid we are going to lose our cold before it gets here. By 00z Sunday it was hammering across W NC last run, now it’s still dry.

Northern stream energy is a lot more amped. Also, it looks like the whole storm system has slowed down since 12z. Don't like the change.
Lol... we’re talking about big models swings a 7-8 days out. This is pretty crazy to be only 48 hrs out. You would think we would at least have timing pretty well nailed down.

18Z NAM is hot garbage for the Triad. Totally foreseeable. 45 degrees at 0Z, by 3Z is 33 but drying out aloft and warm nose coming in. At best it's a two hour window for snow and that's probably pushing it.

Lol... we’re talking about big models swings a 7-8 days out. This is pretty crazy to be only 48 hrs out. You would think we would at least have timing pretty well nailed down.

We were relying on this coming in early while we still have the colder air aloft....if it gets delayed, it's over for almost the entire board.

18Z NAM is hot garbage for the Triad. Totally foreseeable. 45 degrees at 0Z, by 3Z is 33 but drying out aloft and warm nose coming in. At best it's a two hour window for snow and that's probably pushing it.
Precip cut in half in a lot of places compared to 12z run. Maybe Euro was on to something.

Mountains seems like best shot of seeing measurable snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case y’all want to see how different this run was, 12km put next to the sleet, and 3km on the sleet line. I haven’t seen a single model run before today give me sleet or ice for this storm. Crazy

I swear this model is taunting me. Been giving me these damn fantasy looks all winter when no other model is close. Local NWS says maybe half an inch tomorrow evening into Sunday morning.

8A52ACE5-E2B1-4CAD-BEDB-504F1B72D63F.png

Back