• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry February 6th-7th

I spoke too soon but I know how this will go down GSP just extended there watch for all of my area out to hickory along 1-40 with 3-7 possible in Marion Sat Night. By tommrow they'll drop me down to 1-3....

Game time= Sloppy inch u have to be up at 3am to enjoy...

In case y’all want to see how different this run was, 12km put next to the sleet, and 3km on the sleet line. I haven’t seen a single model run before today give me sleet or ice for this storm. Crazy
The NAM is good with thermals. I was surprised last system stayed all snow until the very end so there is a chance it is a little to warm up there this time...but probably not. Verbatim, there are only 2 hours in that sounding from the 3k that are sleet or rain (surface is +32) but then it flips back to snow. We'll just have to hope no more NW trend or weaker storm.

I’d argue the 18z RGEM took a step towards what the NAM/Euro are showing, but it still looks better than they do. Also jackpots CLT on the front end. But this seems to be a weenie cold model these days.

Kuchera clown:

661EC452-1CC5-4FAC-B990-582CF91CD4AC.png

Updated forecast as well as high end and low end maps for GSP
StormTotalSnowWeb.png
SnowAmt90Prcntl.png
SnowAmt10Prcntl.png

Back