• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

If our s/w could get a little more neutral tilt before it shears out this could trend in to something. Don't these normally hold together a little better than models show sometimes?
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 8.27.30 PM.png

If our s/w could get a little more neutral tilt before it shears out this could trend in to something. Don't these normally hold together a little better than models show sometimes?
View attachment 131940
Usually they do. I seem to remember the Euro and few EPS panels were trying to that a couple days ago. Honestly these are the type of trends that can happen inside of 72 hours that can make things interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. It's a huge cut off down there for you guys as well. I've experienced it several times over and it's real. Feast or famine. Since we're talking about gradients im going to throw in the Rutherford county nc gradient. It's one that never gets much mention but it should with the elevation change as there's a huge gradient here in the county and if you have lived here long enough you know. You go from the upstate to the mountains from the southern end of the county to the north western end of the county. From the state line NC/SC state line just out of Chesnee in to RC to Chimney Rock there is a crazy difference in elevation and snow totals north to south. I'm a mile south of the 74 bypass sitting at 1000ft elevation and there's a big gradient there as well 74 south to 74 north with the snow totals. Just one example off the top of my head Dec 18 2009. Chesnee maybe around 2 inches. My location Danieltown right off of 221 5 miles south of Rutherfordton 6 inches. Rutherfordton 10 inches and Chimney Rock 14 inches in that storm. Elevation is king.[/QUOTE]

Preach. I live In Bostic which is maybe 6-10 miles N of your location. The cherry mountain chain ( 1,600’) is right in front of me and yellow top to my NNE.
Right at 1000’ here with 1,100 close by.
The gradient is super tight through here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back