• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

No… it’s the same as with inter-hour highs and lows. If there is precip during an hour, it’s recorded.
If that's the case then Charlotte & GSP should've both recorded a trace that day.
I had snow & sleet for about half an hour.
It was all around GVL county that day.
Hard to believe nothing fell at either airport.

LIGHT SNOW ACROSS THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS THROUGH NOON....

Rain has changed over to snow across the Northern Mountains of
North Carolina with some accumulation being reported, especially
for elevations above 4000 feet. Accumulations of up to 2 inches of
additional snow is possible before snow tapers off around midday.

For the lower elevations below 4000 feet, up to an inch of
accumulation is possible before the snow ends, but mainly on
grassy or elevated surfaces. Temperatures for elevations below
4000 feet are expected to remain above freezing, so little or no
accumulation is expected on the roads.
Can confirm I'm in aho south east of Boone got a half inch before it quit around 1030.

If that's the case then Charlotte & GSP should've both recorded a trace that day.
GSP did on the 20th. So it has recordable amounts but not measurable snow. And looks to stay that way. CLT has been completely blanked though. Screenshot_20230202_121638_Chrome.jpg

Just about everywhere in the SE US outside of Florida had a top 10 warmest January on record this year, many locales top 3-5 warmest since record keeping began.

People can deny it all they want to, but objectively this is/has been a torch pattern. These kind of warm patterns (due to climate change) are becoming so frequent nowadays people tend to forget how cold it's actually supposed to be in winter.

Capture.JPG

I agree… I know I work on the east side of town and saw snow/sleet falling from about 1pm until I was home that evening at 7. Seems strange that CLT didn’t have at least a couple hours

Just about everywhere in the SE US outside of Florida had a top 10 warmest January on record this year, many locales top 3-5 warmest since record keeping began.

People can deny it all they want to, but objectively this is/has been a torch pattern. These kind of warm patterns (due to climate change) are becoming so frequent nowadays people tend to forget how cold it's actually supposed to be in winter.

View attachment 132029
Climate change my Ass!! I guess you believe in global warming too

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

I guess you also have a masters degree in Atmosphere Sciences.
Common sense goes a long ways. Espeacilly in regards to Climate Hoax. Climate is always changing ,going through cycles.
At GSO, we had a -3 Dec, +5.7 Jan. See how Feb shakes out. By Feb 5th we will be Below normal. Should register some AN before Next weekend, then a few days slighly BN. Jan will by far be the warmest month of met winter. Although Feb probably will end up AN here if I was a betting man. Bet the streak!

Common sense goes a long ways. Espeacilly in regards to Climate Hoax. Climate is always changing ,going through cycles.
At GSO, we had a -3 Dec, +5.7 Jan. See how Feb shakes out. By Feb 5th we will be Below normal. Should register some AN before Next weekend, then a few days slighly BN. Jan will by far be the warmest month of met winter. Although Feb probably will end up AN here if I was a betting man. Bet the streak!

If you understood how averages work, you'd quickly realize that you're not even remotely close to being below average for the winter by Feb 5th.

A +1.6F anomaly averaged over 60 days in KGSO isn't going to move much at all in 3-4 days.

Common sense goes a long ways.

Back