• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

0” mean thru mid Feb…. Charlotte shutout chances increasing View attachment 132017
I still find it odd that the airport didn’t record a trace back on 12/20. There were observations of light sleet/snow mix for several hours all over the southern half of the metro area that afternoon including downtown and locations very close to the airport.

I still find it odd that the airport didn’t record a trace back on 12/20. There were observations of light sleet/snow mix for several hours all over the southern half of the metro area that afternoon including downtown and locations very close to the airport.
I could be wrong but I think they take obs at the top of every hour. So if Charlotte got a 10 minute hit of flurries in between hours, it wouldn't be recorded.

LIGHT SNOW ACROSS THE NORTHERN MOUNTAINS THROUGH NOON....

Rain has changed over to snow across the Northern Mountains of
North Carolina with some accumulation being reported, especially
for elevations above 4000 feet. Accumulations of up to 2 inches of
additional snow is possible before snow tapers off around midday.

For the lower elevations below 4000 feet, up to an inch of
accumulation is possible before the snow ends, but mainly on
grassy or elevated surfaces. Temperatures for elevations below
4000 feet are expected to remain above freezing, so little or no
accumulation is expected on the roads.

I could be wrong but I think they take obs at the top of every hour. So if Charlotte got a 10 minute hit of flurries in between hours, it wouldn't be recorded.
No… it’s the same as with inter-hour highs and lows. If there is precip during an hour, it’s recorded.

Greensboro has 53 for the official High Temp yesterday 2/1 and very fishy looking/suspect. It certainly wasn't 53 at midnight when 2/1 officially rolled in. More like 41. No wonder everyone thinks the planet is scorching with record keeping like this. 41 was as high as I recorded.

tological Data for Greensboro Area, NC (ThreadEx) - February 2023
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
DateTemperatureHDDCDDPrecipitation
MaximumMinimumAverageDeparture
2023-02-01533845.55.01900.17
2023-02-02MMMMMMM
2023-02-03MMMMMMM
It was 53 degrees at the 12am reading, 45 at 1am, according to their records. Definitely one of those deceptive high temperatures where it doesn’t really reflect how the actual day itself was, though.

No… it’s the same as with inter-hour highs and lows. If there is precip during an hour, it’s recorded.
Seems odd since there's no automated way to record it like with temperature. Do they designate a 24/7 window/floodlight watcher at the office?

Back