• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Looks like its an American model suite consensus so far. Canadian hopefully comes around at 12z today:

ref1km_ptype.us_ma.png

prateptype_cat-imp.us_ma.png

prateptype_cat-imp.us_ma.png

That's a likeable trend if true. Weak low pops up over southern GA on the latest run of the 12k NAM.
3c85197ee6bcda62d1e112aacc36b0af.gif

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk
This literally is what needs to happen for this to occur and it's how you can get a last hour Northwest trend for sure. Today's model run should be interesting

I was referring to the time beyond this upcoming borderline/tenuous event - which I hope delivers.

We have not seen an arctic airmass since Christmas and are not predicted to see one for what is left of winter. Not even out into fantasy land. Persistence is the hot hand. You’re taking your chances if you’re not betting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to the time beyond this upcoming borderline/tenuous event - which I hope delivers.

We have not seen an arctic airmass since Christmas and are not predicted to see one for what is left of winter. Not even out into fantasy land. Persistence is the hot hand. You’re taking your chances if you’re not betting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’re seeing an Arctic airmass this weekend. Also the SER “dominated” February looks choppy at the very least verbatim on the GFS 1675256801482.gif

We’re seeing an Arctic airmass this weekend. Also the SER “dominated” February looks choppy at the very least verbatim on the GFS View attachment 131956
Ens means are likely to look more ridged
in the E than reality. It's still a normal to above pattern but it's hard to think it's one of those 588 domes sitting over the region for 5-7 days

in the E than reality. It's still a normal to above pattern but it's hard to think it's one of those 588 domes sitting over the region for 5-7 days
Yeah certainly seeing signs as we get into the medium range that a little ridging pops up out west to give us a dump of some cold and a rabbit out of the hats chance at something if we can get lucky at some point .. I’ll take it I guess

Btw, if we continue with some backside snow trends with the 12z model suite I'm going to fire up a winter nuisance thread to keep it out of the main Feb discussion thread.

Probably wont work out in the end, but this is your classic case of long range models showing a storm... then takes it away completely in medium range, and then comes back in the short range situation.

Not very encouraging, maybe some IP ?? View attachment 131961View attachment 131962
I looked at the sounding at the same time on the 3k NAM and the column was saturated. The only thing that was bad was the surface temps. New 12z is rolling out now. Let's see what it says here in a little bit. I definitely trust the 3k NAM more, but hour 54 is way out there for that model that only goes to 60.

I looked at the sounding at the same time on the 3k NAM and the column was saturated. The only thing that was bad was the surface temps. New 12z is rolling out now. Let's see what it says here in a little bit. I definitely trust the 3k NAM more, but hour 54 is way out there for that model that only goes to 60.
You need the NAM to be within 6 hours of the event if you want to even get close to the window where you would trust its snowfall output.

Back