• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

We shall see if old JB is right. He has been saying over a week that its not over and the models are wrong. Before the bashing starts lets see how he ends up

Wow at the 12Z EPS cross polar flow/strong -EPO in the 11-15! Much better looking than the 0Z in that regard.

It seems the OP run was just a funky run then, good to hear we still have a shot per the EPS. The FV3 has been pretty persistent with a colder look starting around the 11-12th CAD event... maybe a late February rally to save winter. It only takes one good storm.

It seems the OP run was just a funky run then, good to hear we still have a shot per the EPS. The FV3 has been pretty persistent with a colder look starting around the 11-12th CAD event... maybe a late February rally to save winter. It only takes one good storm.
Yeah, I think the Op was clunky and funky. What happens is it looks like you have that little goober near the GOA (A) that knocks down the ridging to the east. And it leaves too much junk in the trunk (B) out west, instead of unloading it fully out into the Pacific, like previous runs, which would allow it to help pump the west coast ridge. It needs to pinch that mess off, and we'll be back to a good look.

Euro.jpg

The FV-3 is sort of mesmerizing in it's depiction of high pressure after high pressure moving into the plains with an active STJ. It's not really showing any big dogs, but there are more than a couple of threats. Like I said earlier, if we keep seeing highs there and an active STJ, we're going to be money.

If this Fv3 storm ends up happening I don’t want to hear any ifs ands or butttsss about it. It will be the superior model alongside the euro in my eyes. Been seeing this thing for weeks and people wrote it off quicker than can be. This is the new American model we should be treating it more so like it than the old Gfs... old Gfs we’ve had some good memories but ... I’m officially tossing you

Wow, only 6 days away, too. Might be time to cash in. I really do think there is something to having winter storms in NC a week after we warm up into the 70s, and looks like this is a legit threat
If this Fv3 storm ends up happening I don’t want to hear any ifs ands or butttsss about it. It will be the superior model alongside the euro in my eyes. Been seeing this thing for weeks and people wrote it off quicker than can be. This is the new American model we should be treating it more so like it than the old Gfs... old Gfs we’ve had some good memories but ... I’m officially tossing you

Lol I don’t even think I’ve had any good memories with the gfs ? it sucks and let’s see if the 70 degree thing comes true again

Yes, it has been consistently showing a storm threat for this time period for a while. It did really well with the December storm this far out, too.

Back