• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Once the NAO grazes neutral all bets are off.

nao.sprd2.gif

i really don’t know if this matters much atm but trends have been stronger with ridging at British Colombia at day 13+ Gefs, but look at that, -NAO bout to go bye bye 70891AC8-1A97-45C1-8FAC-EEB4ED85FD2C.gif

Yeah that thing looked legit this morning....40+ mph winds along the coast, crazy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i Woke up legit thinking it had a sting jet on it due to it looking like it had that “scorpions tail” on water vapor imagery but then I saw there was not strong convection developing on it, nonetheless looked pretty beastly

Theres a story link off drudge. In CA lot of resorts had to close. 9 feet of fresh snow and 50mph winds. Increadible pics. Id post but on phone. Sorry for banter but know everyone loves snowy wx. Thats about as extreme as it gets id say.

Theres a story link off drudge. In CA lot of resorts had to close. 9 feet of fresh snow and 50mph winds. Increadible pics. Id post but on phone. Sorry for banter but know everyone loves snowy wx. Thats about as extreme as it gets id say.
Mammoth mountain has had 54” in the last 72 hours and a 81” storm total. Still snowing...

Not sure if posted, but I don't like this thing that keeps showing up, not a fan of ice storms and this is the same time-period the FV3 has been on and off for over a week now. Looks wildly different, with a Low over the MI but..

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png

This winter has been 11-12 levels of boring. Usually I’ll at least have a winter storm miss me to the north by 50 miles, this winter, nothing.

totally not what was expected or forecasted or hyped to death for months

worst winter of my life... if I had expected nothing maybe not so bad but this is stupid

Not sure if posted, but I don't like this thing that keeps showing up, not a fan of ice storms and this is the same time-period the FV3 has been on and off for over a week now. Looks wildly different, with a Low over the MI but..

View attachment 14932

Those highs to our north are no joke, they will likely be strong, but can we get get a classical CAD setup, I hope not as WAA aloft from the SER would quickly change things to ice, I see more in-situ setup with maybe some quick front end ice but that’s a if, it’s definitely something to watch tho

Those highs to our north are no joke, they will likely be strong, but can we get get a classical CAD setup, I hope not as WAA aloft from the SER would quickly change things to ice, I see more in-situ setup with maybe some quick front end ice but that’s a if, it’s definitely something to watch tho
Yeah I don’t see how we can hold a wedge very long with the modeled storm track. No chance really

Yeah I don’t see how we can hold a wedge very long with the modeled storm track. No chance really

There's a case with a low cutting where we've seen something like that before, but I honestly also stared at the reanalysis map and was like "how did that produce that ice storm"?

So it's possible but not something I'd count on, what @Myfrotho704_ said is more likely.

Back