• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Yes NC still has a chance, you always do. Where is the threat for AL, SC and Ga?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly winter is probably over for everyone outside of North Carolina. I see more cold rain opportunities coming up. It’s been a very boring winter pattern we been stuck in. But as always I’ll continue to watch and learn

Exactly winter is probably over for everyone outside of North Carolina. I see more cold rain opportunities coming up. It’s been a very boring winter pattern we been stuck in. But as always I’ll continue to watch and learn

You have to go with trends and MJO ... the long range usually always has a completely different look past hour 270 ... so that would be around mid February ... so ur canceling winter for everyone because a long range solution that will change that only goes out to mid February isn’t showing monsterous snow storms for everyone?

You have to go with trends and MJO ... the long range usually always has a completely different look past hour 270 ... so that would be around mid February ... so ur canceling winter for everyone because a long range solution that will change that only goes out to mid February isn’t showing monsterous snow storms for everyone?

Not canceling for everyone. Just everyone outside North Carolina. Based on the overall pattern this winter. And the fact that models have been totally useless this year. I think North Carolina Tennessee stands a good chance at a winter storm

really want to see the gefs mslp map to see if there’s a stout cad sig at that timeframe, still can’t write it off

Barely any gefs support for that storm next week on the gfs/fv, just a few members (2-4) have some freezing rain, I’m really not buying fv/gfs storm

And folks were saying a couple of weeks ago to ignore the ops when the ensembles were showing snow here for this week, and that didn't work out, either.

Oh look a day 7-8 threat on the gfs for NC and another threat for parts of the southeast Days 9-10 . Lol we would be measuring snow in feet of all these day 7 plus threats verified this year

Didn't you say something a fee weeks ago about people kicking the can down the road?

GFS has a winter storm in NC next Sunday
View attachment 14701

There has been a storm showing on the models for next weekend for a while now. I would not dismiss it at all. People worrying about the ensembles, but the ensembles were wrong with the threat they were showing for this week, and the ops were right in not showing anything. The GFS and more importantly the FV3 seem to be locked onto this one.

Wow, vs the last 3 runs, every single day of the 12Z GFS is colder on a National HDD basis and practically every day in the E US is colder. What suddenly happened? 12Z GFS MJO forecast change to more like the favorable for cold 0Z EPS? Groundhog stew fed to the GFS?

https://dashboard.truewx.com/energy/
Larry,
Here's really hoping you've found the diamond ... all I come up with is sadly a lump of coal ... :confused::(:mad:

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

temp1.png

There has been a storm showing on the models for next weekend for a while now. I would not dismiss it at all. People worrying about the ensembles, but the ensembles were wrong with the threat they were showing for this week, and the ops were right in not showing anything. The GFS and more importantly the FV3 seem to be locked onto this one.

Aye it will be 70+ degrees before it happens, you know what that means.....

Ignoring all other factors (yes it is only one factor of several), fwiw it is hard to have a better MJO for SE cold chances than what the EPS has for week 2: (hope the EPS is right & then we at least can have hope for week 2 of the run/Feb 8th on): Edit remember how much colder it got last month than earlier runs were showing for mid January

74AD2E65-B7C0-4D36-978D-FD66F932CBC8.gif

Last edited:
FV3 has ice for some
44d712137536ba7cd5632a827daa66b2.jpg
2c15ce32ad3b5c043ed46bf9d5f4a630.jpg

Back