• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Lots of hints of blocking showing up in the LR. It fits with how this winter should evolve, so I give it credibility. Just gotta get that PNA to respond. I still think it will. My guess is that within a couple days either side of 2/15, we’ll either be in or transitioning to a +PNA/-NAO regime or on the cusp of doing so.

Geez imagine the potential we could have for something/scoring once that PNA goes positive along with favorable MJO phases, once the ser can back off to extent where it alows storms to curve up off the coast poleward, alright ima chill out but Can’t help and see the potential pattern if things work out

NAO goes negative, PNA goes from negative to neutral (and looks to be climbing), EPO is a solid negative and AO is slightly negative all by the 15th; MJO looks like a possible 8 close to the circle in that time frame ... other than "snow" (or medication), what else could anyone possibly want ... o_O

I really hope we aren’t headed to our 3rd way above average February in a row. February 2017 and 2018 were 7 and 6 degrees above the mean average for me. I’m sure others on here were the same or worse and I wish this on no snow or winter lover. I know I’m one of the more optimistic people when it comes to winter weather but even I am about to hit the panic button soon. It’s getting really hard not to be extremely worried based on the past few years and the warmth that’s coming now.

This is probably the year that when we all give up hope near March, there will be some type of blockbuster storm. Then in five or ten years we will remember each bad turn favorably due to what happens at the end.

That or either we torch into March, get leaves on the trees and then get a devestating ice storm. Then we curse this winter for all time due to not having power for three weeks.

This is probably the year that when we all give up hope near March, there will be some type of blockbuster storm. Then in five or ten years we will remember each bad turn favorably due to what happens at the end.
I've had an epiphany ... and it's all figured out ... Charlie's gonna start a SouthernWX retirement village, and after he has all of us in there years from now, in wheelchairs and walkers, then it'll snow outside but we'll all want to stay safe in front of the lone gas heater ...

I really hope we aren’t headed to our 3rd way above average February in a row. February 2017 and 2018 were 7 and 6 degrees above the mean average for me. I’m sure others on here were the same or worse and I wish this on no snow or winter lover. I know I’m one of the more optimistic people when it comes to winter weather but even I am about to hit the panic button soon. It’s getting really hard not to be extremely worried based on the past few years and the warmth that’s coming now.
If February torches to the extent of the last 2, the winter temps will verify the exact opposite of JB's winter forecast. Instead of -5, it will be near +5. I'm beginning to think this is just another one of those winters without any significant events.

FWIW, and prolly not much, but 0z Icon has a strong high up north and almost an overrunning event for the south
icon_asnow_us_55.png

If we're going to score this month, we're going to have to thread the needle. Sustained cold is out of the question now

Not nothing crazy but something to keep the corner of your eye on
88DBBC1E-43A7-4202-AFE6-9502A540C5B8.jpegC2BA36C0-CD53-4255-A987-49E6C991E77D.png

Models not handling the pattern change well. Complicated atmosphere we’re dealing with right now. Corona holes opening up. GEFS is initializing in the wrong MJO phase? MaDookie Niño not fully sampled yet. 8-1-2 Incoming

Last edited:
Back