• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

All 3 global ensembles. EPS isn’t as cold obviously. Let’s see who wins.

View attachment 32341View attachment 32340View attachment 32339
I'll take the EPS. And again just because there is blue over the se doesn't mean it's a great pattern for snow. The PV looks strong still with a raging +AO. NAO is neutral at best. Ridging is kind of flat on the west coast and weak. This is not a debbie downer post. Its simply what the model shows. If I'm wrong please feel free to tell me why.
I am glad that -EPO that dumped the trough in the west disappeared.

Last edited:
TWC and Accu doubling down on warm solutions...50’s and 60’s indefinitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the EPS with a chunk of salt in the 12-15 day range. Definitely more if a consensus on cold, and probably major cold, but otherwise it's all over the place with just about every solution possible. So the members are probably 25-30% cold with 70-75% everything else.

Wow the -NAO has been absolutely going insane the past couple model cycles ... truly a beauty in the beast with this one ... maybe it’s cause I haven’t seen one like that in a while ... would provide us a good shot for some blocking and some good storm tracks later ... wow this pattern holds lots of possibilities

GFS juuuust missed something special around the 6th/7th..We can’t afford to miss on this one..this is it View attachment 32361

In the old days this thing would quite possibly be right where we want it. These days, idk anymore. Could just not come back, or it could trend wildly north (this factor will depend on how much we get the polar vortex).

Wish the Euro didn't run so late as I'd have some interest in what it's showing in this time period.

Back