• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

The Euro is amped but given how far out this is, the overall look is baby steps away from being something more substantial
I agree. The HP was much stronger and in a better position. The track of the low suddenly moved SE between hours 198 and 204. That looked very suspect to me. I'm not sure what to take away from it???

The biggest take away from the modeling the last week is that Winter is not looking like a total dud this year.
Of course, CAD is always underdone, and if the GFS is close to being correct with a Southern solution, Upstate SC/NE GA/NC areas are sitting pretty for this time of the year. ;)

I agree. The HP was much stronger and in a better position. The track of the low suddenly moved SE between hours 198 and 204. That looked very suspect to me. I'm not sure what to take away from it???
It went pseudo Miller B as the primary low interacted with the wedge over western NC. Because the wedge wasn't very deep, it didn't redevelop further east off the coast.

It went pseudo Miller B as the primary low interacted with the wedge over western NC. Because the wedge wasn't very deep, it didn't redevelop further east off the coast.
That makes sense. Hopefully it will stay further south earlier and turn the corner more smoothly for the SE crew.

2fed5649ae3e8990942404cce4d42e61.png
7b84237888a6962e3f70819b0ace319d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 12z Euro continues to paint the low further south than previous runs ( the last 3 runs have shift low south). So for anybody saying No Go because the Euro: remember GFS do pretty good with the CAD. This storm is still OVER 5 days away, have patience you guys.

You'll see lows from time-to-time jump from the windward side of the Apps to the eastern end in CAD events because the topographic blocking due to the mountains themselves (due to vorticity conservation compresses the column and deters cyclonic vorticity), and the strong low-level static stability in the CAD dome itself deters low-level cyclonic vorticity and acts as "effective topography", deflecting the track of the low pressure center around the mountains and CAD dome. Hope this makes sense haha!

Back