• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

That 12z GFS run is more like it. I do think the track of the low is a trend. There's no consistency yet with the temps. and p. types. But, considering the number of model runs the GFS had with a winter setup overall, this system may have a better chance of being a winter system than just rain (for some.)

I still think that it's possible that there could be a 2nd system coming in right behind that possible winter system. We'll see, the models are getting a better handle, that's for sure. If there won't be any winter weather with that first system, and if there is a 2nd system, that one could have a higher chance at bringing snowfall over the southeast region.

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of fun.....lol...well, if that looked verified....that strength of a high and anchored in like that....these temps would prob be a few degrees colder as well in the CAD areas....interesting...can we get a little of DR NO support?
gfs_T2m_seus_34.png gfs_T2m_seus_35.png gfs_T2m_seus_36.png gfs_T2m_seus_37.png

GEFS looks solid at day 8.

View attachment 7803
I see the GFS is being stupid, has the LP off the coast of Fl/Ga but then redevelops inland and runs it up the coastal plain.... that ain't happening if that wedge verifies, the lp would be further east and more of Cen NC would be in play. IF that HP verifies....

GEFS much improved over the 0z run, but this will change so much between now and then it's ridiculous.... we could have suppression, cutter, major winter storm, there is energy all over the place and models are struggling with handling the pattern. H5 is a mess

Looks like the fv3 trying to show some back side like the Gfs?

Our little clipper system is still alive and well. Going to be tough to get snow since boundary layer temps are the issue here but if we can get those to cooperate there could be some snow showers across the area.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_20.png

View attachment 7792

The GFS has a pretty horrendous BL mixing bias that causes it to go a little too ballistic w/ surface temps, I'd actually hedge on the side of colder if anything.

Back