• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

I'm not quite sure how to feel yet, at H5 it looks sorta similar to the first run that we saw cut yesterday, but faster. Northern stream was also faster before the wave.

On the surface map the low jumps from the northern part of Texas to Louisiana...haha what. So I think this is an Apps Runner and not a GLC like late night yesterday.

Edit: nvm, it goes back up to Arkansas.

Yea going to have to have a stronger high pressure up north of us.
Congrats Chicago. They will do fine this run..
I guess we will have to wait to Monday or Tuesday when we flip back cold to see what’s going to happen. But definitely fun to watch.

Well parts of western NC may see something if the GFS verifies.
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_34.png

I think it's about time in the twisting and turning to see a run where we lose the storm...bet that's next with the next new data run.

At this point I'm resigned to the likelihood that I will just see a cold rain for this event. Early winter storms for any part of the south are still fun to track though. I'm really excited for y'all in the upper south. Winter weather may come soon to the upper South. And it's only early December at that point!

Still gives the same W NC areas that have already had two mini ice storms, one more! That high is trying to build over the storm and banana in..,

For a couple days straight now, the 12z GFS and 18z GFS will show the goods, then the 00z and 06z brings the storm back North.
Then it repeats itself again.

Back