• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

I spy the members that caused the GEFS to look good in the end for the storm. Too bad there was only 3 of them. I'd take E1/E20 and go chase a little for E9. Too bad they aren't actual models and just a part of a run.

Is the Gfs and gefs the same model?
It actually just the same model but takes in a little bit different data and splits out all the different solutions. You have individual GEFS members model and then you have a GEFS mean where it combines all the members to create a average.

Wow, the GFS and new GFS went bonkers! We have to get Carolina Crusher 2: Electric Boogaloo sometime. Might as well be with this one.

Really, they might be too much, but the trends today have pointed to a possible winter storm around the 9th. The signal has been strong today.

No your good... :) it was a another member saying something that shouldn’t been said. It has been handled... No worries!! :)
Thank God I was holding my breath for a sec thank you... My goal here is abiding by all the rules... I still feel great about the 8th through the 10th period yes the models are going to flip flop until it gets a handle on the pattern but I'm not quitting on a board wide storm for the south

Ok so let's think......if*** models are close to being right, y'all realize that the CAD areas are going to be colder, more than likely.
Definitely. At minimum, there would be a large ice storm for ATL to Greenville, SC. If it is colder throughout the column, and it's close for N GA, AL, and upstate SC, it could be a huge upper SE snowstorm. Of course the warm nose may sneak its way in and ruin everything but it's all hypothetical anyway.

From what I looked at on the temps and the CAD usually not being modeled strong enough if that look on the models was to happen this could be a big dawg. Probably not but it’s nice to track an early storm.

Definitely. At minimum, there would be a large ice storm for ATL to Greenville, SC. If it is colder throughout the column, and it's close for N GA, AL, and upstate SC, it could be a huge upper SE snowstorm. Of course the warm nose may sneak its way in and ruin everything but it's all hypothetical anyway.
It really is amazing the difference a few miles can make and the thermal profiles! That Dec 02 storm, I started out as straight sleet and ZR, but up near CLT, they had a big front end thump of snow. I was supposed to get only ZR, and ended up with enough sleet to whiten the ground! Was a great storm! Precip started with temps at 30, temp fell slowly all day and ended up at 26 , when the heaviest precip came through! Best ice storm I’ve ever experienced!

It really is amazing the difference a few miles can make and the thermal profiles! That Dec 02 storm, I started out as straight sleet and ZR, but up near CLT, they had a big front end thump of snow. I was supposed to get only ZR, and ended up with enough sleet to whiten the ground! Was a great storm! Precip started with temps at 30, temp fell slowly all day and ended up at 26 , when the heaviest precip came through! Best ice storm I’ve ever experienced!
Those early 2000’s ice storms have yet to be replicated around here. The sound of those tree limbs snapping at night was just wild. Haven’t heard anything like it in a long long time

Back