• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

IMO this big dog will track at least 50-100 miles more NW taking most of us out of the heavy snow and into the transition area. Those in S Va and north could see a boatload of snow (Oh and NC mountains too!)
Last winter , the “ NW trend” was non-existent . It’s not a guarantee , and SE trends have become more common!

Thanks. Looks like the AK vortex and west coast trough retrograde out of the picture. Not a bad thought really and would set us up for a cold January as heights rise in the EPO region. Not that dissimilar than the last few winters

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The FV3 looks better. Not as clowny but still a better setup for those not in NC.
fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.png

Yeah the trends are good for those outside of NC like in tenn and northern Georgia . Forget any possible CAD . The H5 setup was much better for northern areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly with the H5, the look on both Gfs and FV3 Gfs the Midlands of South Carolina could potentially be affected by it. Still long ways out so just speciation

When the GFS is the southern outlier....eek
Yeah the gfs has a tendency to be too far south at this lead time. That being said the cmc has arguably better jet dynamics over nc on Wednesday but the response is a low off of the delmarva. The look isn't that far off even on the models showing nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back