• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Keep an eye on the high pressure in the middle of the country. We need it trending strong over the next couple days. Its going to have to be pretty damn healthy in order to keep this thing pushed south

Forgive my untrained eye, but what feature exist to dislodge that n.e. high?
Nothings really dislodging it, it’s just sliding off the coast because there is no blocking (-NAO) to slow it down!

166634C1-5554-47D8-B8EE-5164987F26CD.png A glimmer of hope, from a great and very knowledgeable poster on the other board!

Euro doesn't look terrible in NC, otherwise a lot of rain for everyone else, snow barely NW of me :rolleyes:

If we really want to score a big event here, we need that s/w on the southwestern shore of the Hudson Bay to speed up and be rotating thru the Lakes and towards Quebec by the time our southern stream wave emerges from the southwestern US so as to get the cold surface high in the right place at the right time on the backend of the s/w where low-level CAA and confluence are maximized and favor the most significant surface pressure rises. Plenty of time to make this kind of change. Oth, our s/w could speed up a bit and catch the back end of the other wave pinwheeling around the base of the Hudson Bay vortex. The timing on the Euro really couldn't be much worse atm which is good & bad news.

ecmwf_z500a_namer_9.png

To Webber’s point ...
ef3d52a3e6a642786c05a415df6d71c2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back