• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

For early Dec storms, I’d gladly recycle Dec 2-3 1896 over and over again
:)
A perfect snowstorm for Charlotte - Snow from start to finish, temperature steady at 24° throughout the storm, and a heavy wind-whipped snow that reduced visibility at times to one half block. Chester, SC received 16" of snow. Incredible to think this snowstorm nearly occurred in November.

View attachment 7552
:weenie::weenie::weenie:
Just do mind everyone that is Ensemble member 2. The rest aren't nearly as exciting but that's where the map webber posted is derived from. Several members have something but it's at the end. It's like looking at your 384 on the GFS and saying it looks promising.

In today's episode of fantasy snowstorms... it's January 1988 part 2! :eek::weenie:
View attachment 7553

I've experienced many snowstorms in the Memphis area but this one was my favorite. This storm dumped 10" to 14" of heavy snow across Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Southern Missouri, Northern Mississippi, Northern Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia.Temperatures in the wake of the storm dropped to near zero. We may never experience another storm to affect such a large area particularly in the south again.

I drove a 1987 Toyota 4-Wheel drive truck and the snow came all the way up to my door. in some locations.

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_43.png
Something very close

12z fv3 still looks good, different from the gfs

Most are going to love the colder 12Z EPS 10+ day run.

Looks like the epo takes over . Same story different winter . EPO driven . I’m all for it as I’ve scored multiple times over the last few years . In fact I’d rather have a -epo vs -nao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the epo takes over . Same story different winter . EPO driven . I’m all for it as I’ve scored multiple times over the last few years . In fact I’d rather have a -epo bs -nao

The one difference I'd point out (that's favorable, IMO) is that this year, we have actual evidence of a -NAO and there is evidence that suggests it will not be a stranger throughout the winter. This, if it comes to pass like we hope, should link up with the -EPO and produce a more favorable pattern for winter weather than the few previous years. Either way, I'm good with the EPO helping to seed Canada with cold. I'm always in the "make the cold available first, then worry about the storm stuff" camp.

The one difference I'd point out (that's favorable, IMO) is that this year, we have actual evidence of a -NAO and there is evidence that suggests it will not be a stranger throughout the winter. This, if it comes to pass like we hope, should link up with the -EPO and produce a more favorable pattern for winter weather than the few previous years. Either way, I'm good with the EPO helping to seed Canada with cold. I'm always in the "make the cold available first, then worry about the storm stuff" camp.

I agree with everything you said . The -NAO seems to help your area much more than mine but it would be nice for both of them to play nice this year . I’d be all for a backed up flow with southern sliders that just crawl along .

I agree with everything you said . The -NAO seems to help your area much more than mine but it would be nice for both of them to play nice this year . I’d be all for a backed up flow with southern sliders that just crawl along .

Would be so nice to get locked into a pattern like that for about a month just once in my life.

Back