• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

My belief about Salvation come from what God wrote in the Holy Bible (KJV) . It has nothing to do with any political figure. Only Jesus Christ. You are way off base here bud.
Don't think I am at all. I think you can't accept the legitimacy of other spiritual paths. Which is why we're even in this discussion. I posted sonic om videos because they have led billions to enlightenment and spiritual knowledge and peace. Your specific idea of salvation isn't the only valid one. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, LOL.

Don't think I am at all. I think you can't accept the legitimacy of other spiritual paths. Which is why we're even in this discussion. I posted sonic om videos because they have led billions to enlightenment and spiritual knowledge and peace. Your specific idea of salvation isn't the only valid one. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, LOL.
Just put you on ignore for your personal attack on me here and in PM. However, I do hope you accept Jesus before you die.

Evangelicals think they own spirituality. Garbage people.

I don't deny that some evangelicals give the rest of us a bad name, but that can be said of any group of people. There are always a few bad apples in a larger bunch.

With that said, we should be able to disagree with one another in an agreeable fashion and without throwing out labels to cover an entire group. I do not see "salvation" in the same terms as you, but I try my level best to demonstrate respect and honor to people of other faith traditions, believing that every human being is created in the image of God.

Just to be clear, my position is not based on what someone told me to believe. I am 55 years old. I can read the Bible for myself. When Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me", I believe it. The only way to have Salvation is through faith and trust in Jesus. These are not my words or the words of some preacher. It is the word of God. If you would like to argue your position, that's fine. I will respectfully listen. However, for me and my family, we will trust blindly in what God said is required to be saved.

If God thought we needed science,he would have sent us a scientist.
If God thought we needed to be educated, he would have sent us an Educator.
If God thought we needed financial advice, leadership he would have sent us an Economist
If God thought we needed political leadership, he would have sent us a politician.
If God thought we needed to understand astrology, he would have sent us an astronomer.
If God thought we needed entertainment, he would have sent us an entertainer.
INSTEAD GOD KNEW THE ONE THING WE ALL NEEDED. FORGIVNESS, EVERY MAN,WOMAN,CHILD NEEDS IT. SO GOD SENT US HIS SON.
JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he sent his only begotten son. That whosoever shall beleive in him, shall be saved.
TO THAT I SAY AMEN. This Christmas Go tell it on the mountain,over the hills and everywhere that Jesus Christ Is Lord!

Without Christ Birth,Death,Burial and most importantly resurrection, there would be no Christmas. Food for thought as everyone gathers for all our family traditions, celebrations. Most of the world practically comes to a stop on Dec 25th. Why? To celebrate the birth of the messiah around 2053-2054 years ago. Selah!

The best aspect of religion is the ability to 'edit out' formal selves... Salvation is exactly that, letting Jesus consume (eat, digest, excrete) your sins of the former self. I don't think Christianity is the only religion that can perform this human 'salvation'.

Not exactly SETN. Remember that once we (as people) are separated from God, we need a path to be brought back together with Him. Sin is literally separation from God. We normally think of acts of sin but those are what cause the separation, and also result from it. Because sin and it's associated acts are not in God's nature, and we are separated from Him, the natural path becomes eternal separation. Salvation is really being redeemed so that separation is undone. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says "God made him who knew no sin to be sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God" Jesus literally became all the sin of all mankind in that moment and paid our price so that we could be brought back into communion with God. Pretty amazing. This, in itself, separates Jesus from any other religious figure.

Evangelicals think they own spirituality. Garbage people.
Just curious, what motivates your general distaste of Christians? Why the personal attacks? If a Christian called another group "garbage people" or some of the other comments you have made would you think that was ok?

Can there be joy this Christmas?

It's been a difficult year and many people are hurting. I've seen the the cruel nature of COVID first hand in recent weeks and how devastating it is to families and loved ones. It is a very real and powerful disease that has left many people in much pain and sorrow. Many others are suffering indirectly from the effects of COVID, too.

Despite that I believe we can and should experience joy this Christmas. In fact I believe that this Christmas can be the most joyful ever.
Challenging times such as these is when we should remember most that this is not the world that God intended for us. Nor is God to blame for the fallen and broken nature of this world.

On the contrary, when God came to us in the person of Jesus Christ he was setting in motion the final stages of his plan of redemption, not only for those who believe, but also to redeem this wretched world.

One day, by God's grace and faith in Christ's death and resurrection, we will experience life on this earth as God intended: a perfect paradise where the lion and the lamb lie down together in peace, where there is no more crying, pain, suffering, DISEASE, or death anymore.

The stark reality of this dark world is evident for all to see this Christmas. There is no doubt about that. But genuine joy is available to all who fix their eyes on the One we worship every Christmas--the One who came to redeem us.

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you will experience the true joy of the season.

It's been a difficult year and many people are hurting. I've seen the the cruel nature of COVID first hand in recent weeks and how devastating it is to families and loved ones. It is a very real and powerful disease that has left many people in much pain and sorrow. Many others are suffering indirectly from the effects of COVID, too.

Despite that I believe we can and should experience joy this Christmas. In fact I believe that this Christmas can be the most joyful ever.
Challenging times such as these is when we should remember most that this is not the world that God intended for us. Nor is God to blame for the fallen and broken nature of this world.

On the contrary, when God came to us in the person of Jesus Christ he was setting in motion the final stages of his plan of redemption, not only for those who believe, but also to redeem this wretched world.

One day, by God's grace and faith in Christ's death and resurrection, we will experience life on this earth as God intended: a perfect paradise where the lion and the lamb lie down together in peace, where there is no more crying, pain, suffering, DISEASE, or death anymore.

The stark reality of this dark world is evident for all to see this Christmas. There is no doubt about that. But genuine joy is available to all who fix their eyes on the One we worship every Christmas--the One who came to redeem us.

Merry Christmas to you all. I hope you will experience the true joy of the season.
Amen ?

Boom! Good word. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Post of the year! ...... I agree that this has been a very trying year, and Christmas could not come at a better time. "God bless us everyone"

You put everything in the correct context. Thank You!

Fantastic post! My pastor talked last night about Christmas day often being in the "eye of the storm," between the rush of life before and after, and Christmas itself being the calm tranquility of peace and love. He pointed out the parallel to the actual birth of Jesus being the calm after the journey to Bethlehem and before the turmoil that followed as they were forced to flee to Egypt to escape Herod's awful mission. He asked if Christmas could be the eye, even in 2020, and reminded us that, starting with the birth of our Lord, the battle has already been won.
Be at peace my brothers and sisters, and Merry Christmas!

Recent events have me delving into devotional thought and desirous of Spiritual contemplation and discernment. Words of Truth from my Savior and the Holy Spirit...

Matt 7:16 - "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Gal 5:22-23 - "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Back