• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Lots of terrible stories around the world for many but this just goes to show how lucky we still are in our country to have freedom of religion, for now at least. Christians have always been targeted too and still are today. Say a prayer for our brothers and sisters in Nigeria.
The most under reported news story there is globally. Read Voice of the Martars newsletter. No one butchers Christians worse than China. Funny how you never hear about it MSM.

Looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving next week with the ole family. If you need cheering up read about what it was really like back then. Sacrifices made etc. I dont have enough time in a 24 hr day to just list how much I personally have to be Thankfull for. Obviously salvation. But food,health,clothes,house,water,air,family,friends , job source of income, one nation under God, freedom,opportunity. List goes on an on.
Ill try to find a link or 2. Those pilgrams had to ration out the food when they first arrived. Like to starved to death. We worry about Toliet paper lol. Makes you do a self inventory and realize how good we have it.

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalms 100:4‭-‬5 KJV

I wish Revelations had remained disputed instead of canon. Every time stuff hits the fan, it gets quoted instead of any of the rest of the New Testament. Seriously ya'll. There's 26 other parts of the NT which are either gospels, epistles, or Acts. But nooooooooooo. We got to quote the crazy 'John" instead of the apostle 'John'...

Even Martin Luther wasn't a fan.

Hey Guys, I was just thinking since it is Christmas time, how about sharing some of your favorite sounds of the season. We all have our favs, and I find I even have favorite versions of some songs. Here's two:

Definitely, far and away, my favorite version of Little Drummer Boy

If this song doesn't move you you're not alive!

How about you guys?

Hey Guys, I was just thinking since it is Christmas time, how about sharing some of your favorite sounds of the season. We all have our favs, and I find I even have favorite versions of some songs. Here's two:

How about you guys?

Tops on my families playlist are Christmas Canon by Trans Siberian Orchestra and Petit Garçon by Nana Mouskouri. For O Holy Night I like the David Foster version from the 90s with the guy from Phantom of the Opera.

How about you guys?

This isn't a "classic" but certainly on my Christmas playlist, a beautiful song with a powerful message.

This isn't a "classic" but certainly on my Christmas playlist, a beautiful song with a powerful message.

Mine too, I love that song. Love this one too, it’s a different group recording the old Statler Brothers song.

Cant have a playlist without this one too.

Last edited:
Tops on my families playlist are Christmas Canon by Trans Siberian Orchestra and Petit Garçon by Nana Mouskouri. For O Holy Night I like the David Foster version from the 90s with the guy from Phantom of the Opera.
Michael Crawford. Celine Dion essentially copied that version on her album and did a better job with it. Bit you really need to hear David Phelps sing that with the Gaithersburg. I do like Foster's Carol of the Bells, but the TSO version of that one is my favorite. Chicago's version of Little Drummer Boy is the best version of that song. Lauren Daigle singing Noel is awesome, as is Almost There by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant. And her version of Breath of Heaven is fantastic. His Gloria is awesome too. As a bonus, listen to Prince of Peace by TSO, both with Jay Pearce (older version) and Erika Jeffery (newer, 2019) singing. One King by Point of Grace is also good.

Michael Crawford. Celine Dion essentially copied that version on her album and did a better job with it. Bit you really need to hear David Phelps sing that with the Gaithersburg. I do like Foster's Carol of the Bells, but the TSO version of that one is my favorite. Chicago's version of Little Drummer Boy is the best version of that song. Lauren Daigle singing Noel is awesome, as is Almost There by Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant. And her version of Breath of Heaven is fantastic. His Gloria is awesome too. As a bonus, listen to Prince of Peace by TSO, both with Jay Pearce (older version) and Erika Jeffery (newer, 2019) singing. One King by Point of Grace is also good.
Man we share taste. Almost there is our Christmas jam and reading about the back story makes it better. Noel was an add to the list last year for sure.

The best aspect of religion is the ability to 'edit out' formal selves... Salvation is exactly that, letting Jesus consume (eat, digest, excrete) your sins of the former self. I don't think Christianity is the only religion that can perform this human 'salvation'.

The best aspect of religion is the ability to 'edit out' formal selves... Salvation is exactly that, letting Jesus consume (eat, digest, excrete) your sins of the former self. I don't think Christianity is the only religion that can perform this human 'salvation'.
Wait, what..?? You are obviously a bit confused about how Salvation through Jesus Christ is achieved.

There is almost zero difference between right wing Trump voting 'Christians' and jihadist Muslims.. They so much want to be intellectually different, but they're not. Same brain waves, same violent chimp instincts.
My belief about Salvation comes from what God wrote in the Holy Bible (KJV) . It has nothing to do with any political figure. Only Jesus Christ. You are way off base here bud.

Last edited:
Back