• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

So glad I'm an athiest so I can be free of this fear and conspiracy minded nonsense.

What does atheism or theism have to do with conspiracy theory? There are all kinds of people in both persuasions that believe in all kinds of conspiracy theories.
With regards to your atheism, however, you may be comforted now, but if God indeed exists, you'll have much bigger issues than conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

Worth watching time to prepare is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jessy, I think you mean well, but I encourage you (as a fellow believer) to resist getting caught up in this sort of "doomsday soothsayer" stuff. I don't have any idea who this lady is, and maybe she knows exactly what she's talking about and has genuine sources, but this sounds no more credible than Harold Camping and his crew a few years ago who quit their jobs and left pets with friends to prepare for the return they "knew" was coming, or the who knows how many other (thousands) of people out there who routinely predict these sort of things. Whether she's right or wrong you have nothing to fear.

I honestly fully expect Jesus to return within the next 20 years.

My grandfather use to say the same. Then once he passed my religious cousins took over and every year is the year. There children will take over when we are all gone and when its the 2437 someone will be saying jesus is coming back soon.

Who knows Jesus is coming back anytime soon and you can’t focus on that. Just try to make the best of each day and do the best you can. One thing for certain is the world is going to reset eventually. I do believe it will be sooner than later and it has nothing to do with Jesus coming back. It has to do with the debt of the world. Unfortunately I do believe we are entering very dark days and years ahead. Evilness And darkness are growing and spreading rapidly. Christians we will be more silenced as we move forward. Do I worry about it not much at all. I hate it for my kids but I will do my best to make wonderful memories with them and protect them if need be.

Evilness and darkness? Theres some screwed up stuff in the world but we are nowhere near the levels of evil and darkness yall blabber on about. A few thousand people have been protesting abuses by the police. Sometimes those protests turn into riots when bad actors show up.

In the scope of history the "evil and darkness" we see today is minuscule compared to the past human abuses. Slavery, genocide, religious purges, dictators starving MILLIONS of their peoples, the Holacaust.

Today is a drop in the bucket compared to those.

You can be a Christian and not believe all of the conspiracy theories. I'm not a closer follower, but my mom is decent at it and she would shut that **** down if she was on here. She shut down her mom when she talked about she heard this and this about Biden religiously.

(the mom doesn't vote as I've talked about though because they used to do jury duty by voter registration, so she dropped hers, and my mom has told me that she tries to play both sides but is mostly radio silent)

Evilness and darkness? Theres some screwed up stuff in the world but we are nowhere near the levels of evil and darkness yall blabber on about. A few thousand people have been protesting abuses by the police. Sometimes those protests turn into riots when bad actors show up.

In the scope of history the "evil and darkness" we see today is minuscule compared to the past human abuses. Slavery, genocide, religious purges, dictators starving MILLIONS of their peoples, the Holacaust.

Today is a drop in the bucket compared to those.

If I may push back some. Many of these evils you mentioned of the past are still alive and well all around the world. Sex slavery is a huge market globally; genocide still occurs--not to mention the genocide of millions of innocent babies every year in their mother's womb right here in the USA; religious purging is alive and well, particularly by African muslims toward African Christians.

Evil has been and will be. It is part of the human experience, unfortunately.

Evil has been and will be. It is part of the human experience, unfortunately.

Spot on. Evil cannot exist without good, and good cannot exist without evil. Unfortunately, evil has been around since the beginning of man, and will be until Jesus returns, or for the atheists in the crowd, until man ceases to exist.

As for the conspiracy theories... They are not biblical. Those Christians that even entertain the idea are misinformed or mistaken. The Bible deals in absolute, objective truths. There is no subjective truth in God's word. The Bible is clear that no man shall know when Jesus is to return. Period. Those that claim its going to happen tomorrow, or next month, or next year, or whenever, either are intentionally misinforming people to spread fear, or have been misinformed by someone else, or have misinterpreted the Word of God.

It is ok to speculate, but those that do should label it as such, instead of insisting that they have some kind of knowledge that nobody else has. Yes, the Bible gives us signs to look for before His return, but let's be honest, many of those signs have happened many times over already.

As stated by others, the most important thing is to make sure you are right with the Lord, ask Him into your heart and life, accept Him as your savior, and repent of your sins. At that point, it doesn't matter whether He comes tonight, or next year, or next century, because you will have eternal life. He doesn't wish for us to live this life in fear, so as long as you have a relationship with Him, stop worrying about the how and when, and make the most of your time while you are here, because whether you are caught up in the rapture, or you die at 90 years old of natural causes, eventually your time here will be done, and it's such a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things, far too short to spend worrying about when it's going to end.

That said, that doesn't mean to just roll over and accept what comes your way in this life. We should still stand up for what He wants us to, and fight til the death for the truth and what's right.

For the atheists out there. You are absolutely entitled to believe what you believe, even if I don't agree with it. I still love you as my fellow man/woman, and I pray that one day you'll see the light and come to Christ. But regardless of whether you do or not I will never put you down, or have anger or hatred towards you, or think any less of you as a person. Regardless of our personal values or religious views, we are all valuable, and we are all equal in the eyes of the Lord.

Sorry for the rambling rant! Just felt compelled to weigh in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Too many Christians live life just waiting on the Rapture to happen.. and they miss the whole point and the reason that they are alive... my personal opinion is that it will have to get a lot darker in the world, and the church brighter, and unified before Christ returns.

Too many Christians live life just waiting on the Rapture to happen.. and they miss the whole point and the reason that they are alive... my personal opinion is that it will have to get a lot darker in the world, and the church brighter, and unified before Christ returns.
It’s questionable if the Bible even teaches a rapture as it has been commonly taught.

It’s questionable if the Bible even teaches a rapture as it has been commonly taught.
Yeah I think there are three main views on this. Pre, mid and post tribulation. Mid and post are gaining traction so to speak.

Yeah I think there are three main views on this. Pre, mid and post tribulation. Mid and post are gaining traction so to speak.

I think mid tribulation because the Antichrist will rule for 42 months. That’s 3.5yrs

I think mid tribulation because the Antichrist will rule for 42 months. That’s 3.5yrs

I was always taught that pre-tribulation Rapture would happen but the more that I read about it and think about it logically I asked myself why would God allow the Christians to escape persecution just because it's rough? My rationalization does not mean anything though.

I was always taught that pre-tribulation Rapture would happen but the more that I read about it and think about it logically I asked myself why would God allow the Christians to escape persecution just because it's rough? My rationalization does not mean anything though.
God is sovereign people forget that bad things will always happen to good people. The world will end when it's natural lifespan has ended through the laws of nature. I personally feel as if revelation was based on events that already happened during Roman occupation.

Back