• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

I've been thinking about it too. Maybe the real 3 letter index killing our winters is the GOD index.
The next time it snows (if it ever does again), look outside. Just take a moment to admire how pure everything looks all covered in white. I can imagine that it would be the same way God sees a sinner who just accepted Jesus.

I heard today that biblical prophecy given that there would be an attempt assassination on Trump and his vice president sometime soon.. please pray for those two men at all times.. I know there are some that do not believe in such things please be civil because this . This may happen. But it's only an attempt and the prophecy says they will not do what they came to do

I heard today that biblical prophecy given that there would be an attempt assassination on Trump and his vice president sometime soon.. please pray for those two men at all times.. I know there are some that do not believe in such things please be civil because this . This may happen. But it's only an attempt and the prophecy says they will not do what they came to do
I believe the Bible, but I would urge caution at things like that. I've seriously wondered why we haven't seen an attempt on his life yet, given the political climate in place. But I'm not at all willing to give credence to any Biblical prophecy that supports such a thing, unless someone can show me where it's mentioned in Scripture.

I believe the Bible, but I would urge caution at things like that. I've seriously wondered why we haven't seen an attempt on his life yet, given the political climate in place. But I'm not at all willing to give credence to any Biblical prophecy that supports such a thing, unless someone can show me where it's mentioned in Scripture.
I totally agree definitely.. a lot of times that do not come out as depicted.. but many times I've seen in in. Action

.. main purpose for that is to remind everybody to pray

I totally agree definitely.. a lot of times that do not come out as depicted.. but many times I've seen in in. Action

Definitely!!

85 year old atheist becomes a Christian.

Amen brother "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself" Matthew 22:37-39. I don't agree with Trump but I pray for him.

Two thoughts:

We Christians need to read, understand and act out 1 Corinthians 8. We would be much more effective witnesses if we were self sacrificing.

Two, I have resolved to use the car warranty calls to uplift, encourage and share the gospel to the person on the other end. It occurred to me that it is the only time I'll get to talk with that person and I need to make it count.

I have two girls in college that have made me one proud dad and taught me to never be ashamed of my Faith.

2 college kids, both active in a local church there (that in and of itself is incredible.... unfortunately I remember my college days), my youngest also attends Fire Starters regularly and is constantly living out her Faith through social media post and on campus, both of them never fear praying in public... nope they aren't perfect (who among us is?) but they have a strong Christian Faith and I'm amazingly proud of who they are and the stance they take.

I have two girls in college that have made me one proud dad and taught me to never be ashamed of my Faith.

2 college kids, both active in a local church there (that in and of itself is incredible.... unfortunately I remember my college days), my youngest also attends Fire Starters regularly and is constantly living out her Faith through social media post and on campus, both of them never fear praying in public... nope they aren't perfect (who among us is?) but they have a strong Christian Faith and I'm amazingly proud of who they are and the stance they take.
That's nice. When I look at my kids I think of how much better they are than me especially when I was their age. I don't even know how they got to be so good. LOL. Of course God, Maybe farm raising and less dysfunction...Good for your kids. Good papa.

"God is still on the throne." No matter what course life or circumstances seem to take. It is so wonderfull to know one day many people will start an eternal journey in a place called Heaven simply because they put their faith and trust in a ressurected savior Jesus Christ.
I am the wealthiest man on earth because I know beyond the shadow of a doubt myself,wife and 2 kids have chosen to give our lives over to christ.
I hope and pray daily everyone in this world would slow down and think about what an awesome gift God gave the world in his son Jesus Christ. The personal relationship I have with God through his son Jesus Christ finished work on the cross is better than anything money,this world, or fame could buy.
What makes God so awesome is he created all of us and gives us the freedom to choose him or not. The best deccesion I ever made in my life was to surrender my life to christ. Cant describe how God took an old wretched sinner like myself, washed me whiter than snow through his son Jesus shedding of his blood on that cross, and now has my sails/sights totally affixated on him. He is not only my King,redeemer, but hes also my best friend. The only reason God created everyone of us, is because he wants a personal relationship with us. I dont care who you are,what youve done, or where you come from. Dont ever think God doesnt know everything about you,love you more than you love yourself and wants to be your best friend. That really sums it up. We get so stuck on religion,theology etc that all folks need to know is God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,that who so ever shall beleive in him, shall not perish but have everlasting life. The best advice I can give anyone in this world and its better than winning lotto numbers,inside trading info, what have you. If you want to become wealthy beyond measure,then check God out.

For some people, religion makes sense & works well with their lives. For me, I’ve been a much better person as a whole since I left it all. The only thing I practice is spirituality, keeps everything open-ended allows for growth in a creative way & is very liberating.

For some people, religion makes sense & works well with their lives. For me, I’ve been a much better person as a whole since I left it all. The only thing I practice is spirituality, keeps everything open-ended allows for growth in a creative way & is very liberating.
until perhaps, when a miracle is really needed ... :eek:

Agree, religion is worthless and for me would be a total waste. Kinda like going to church on sunday morning, following a program,some rituals, socialize with a few friends just to have some fire insurance, you know in case what the bible explicitly says turns out to be true.
I am so blessed to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. There is a massive difference in having religion and having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Billy Graham use to always say the biggest mission field in the world was inside the 4 walls of a Church.
That all so knowing faith you have been redeemed by Christ finished work on the cross was the game changer for me.
Going to church,volunteering,being a great member,tithing, outstanding citizen in the community, deacon,sunday school teacher etc are good things. But none of them will save a mans soul. Only confessing your sins,repenting and trusting in Christ overcoming death, hell and the grave will save a man. Thats the Bible not NCSnow. When that happened to me,it was like I had walked out of a dense fog into perfectly clear skies. The Bibe all of the sudden made sense. That voice inside of me, the holy spirit,that convicted me I was born a sinner and that I needed Jesus Christ as my savior, started to help me discern things and see things the way God sees them instead of the way I did or the world does. I know if God will reveal himself to a sinner like me and show me grace,mercy and have the desire to be my best friend. He feels the same way about everyone else who has and will walk the face of this earth. Just because Im a Christian and have this relationship with Christ, doesnt mean I have overcome the world. But the one I serve has and because he has, he promised me that one day I will, as well as anyone else who puts their faith an trust in him.
I always harken back to a time when I started questioning why am I here, or why are we as a people here. Then I started thinking and questioning evolution one day. Wondering how something as complex as the human anatomy, ability to communicate and think, live in an atmosphere with the exact right balance of gasses could have evolved from some cataclismic explosion millions of years ago. There is just no way I have faith strong enough to accept that. So I thought surely there has to be a divine creator of the things I just described above. If there is a creator, then wouldnt he have a purpose for it, want to reveal who he was?
Thats when I opened the bible and started asking,having more questions. Everytime I would have a question, I would discover the answer to those questions in the Bible.
The main question I had was why God did you create the heavens and the earth? Why did you create me? The answer was plain as day. He wants and desires fellowship with not only myself but all of those he created. It made perfect sense and it has been the most amazing expierence of my life. My hope and prayer is that anyone who is seeking the truth about God and what purpose their life has here on earth will turn to the Bible and towards God. Take him up on his offer, John 3 :16, to become best friends for eternity.

Agree, religion is worthless and for me would be a total waste. Kinda like going to church on sunday morning, following a program,some rituals, socialize with a few friends just to have some fire insurance, you know in case what the bible explicitly says turns out to be true.
I am so blessed to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. There is a massive difference in having religion and having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Billy Graham use to always say the biggest mission field in the world was inside the 4 walls of a Church.
That all so knowing faith you have been redeemed by Christ finished work on the cross was the game changer for me.
Going to church,volunteering,being a great member,tithing, outstanding citizen in the community, deacon,sunday school teacher etc are good things. But none of them will save a mans soul. Only confessing your sins,repenting and trusting in Christ overcoming death, hell and the grave will save a man. Thats the Bible not NCSnow. When that happened to me,it was like I had walked out of a dense fog into perfectly clear skies. The Bibe all of the sudden made sense. That voice inside of me, the holy spirit,that convicted me I was born a sinner and that I needed Jesus Christ as my savior, started to help me discern things and see things the way God sees them instead of the way I did or the world does. I know if God will reveal himself to a sinner like me and show me grace,mercy and have the desire to be my best friend. He feels the same way about everyone else who has and will walk the face of this earth. Just because Im a Christian and have this relationship with Christ, doesnt mean I have overcome the world. But the one I serve has and because he has, he promised me that one day I will, as well as anyone else who puts their faith an trust in him.
I always harken back to a time when I started questioning why am I here, or why are we as a people here. Then I started thinking and questioning evolution one day. Wondering how something as complex as the human anatomy, ability to communicate and think, live in an atmosphere with the exact right balance of gasses could have evolved from some cataclismic explosion millions of years ago. There is just no way I have faith strong enough to accept that. So I thought surely there has to be a divine creator of the things I just described above. If there is a creator, then wouldnt he have a purpose for it, want to reveal who he was?
Thats when I opened the bible and started asking,having more questions. Everytime I would have a question, I would discover the answer to those questions in the Bible.
The main question I had was why God did you create the heavens and the earth? Why did you create me? The answer was plain as day. He wants and desires fellowship with not only myself but all of those he created. It made perfect sense and it has been the most amazing expierence of my life. My hope and prayer is that anyone who is seeking the truth about God and what purpose their life has here on earth will turn to the Bible and towards God. Take him up on his offer, John 3 :16, to become best friends for eternity.
Amen.

I left religion a long time ago in my teens, however I was in the "closet" for a long time, one does not come out as agnostic at the time ( full blown atheist now ) in a Holiness Pentecostal family especially when the grandfather is a preacher in said denomination :)

I totally get why some people need religion, but your post struck a chord as I too found myself able to grow more and found casting off religion to be very freeing and liberating so your post really took me back 30 years to when I was finding my own path.

If I thought for one minute that there was no after-life, I would be pulling my hair out in fear. I would be afraid of everything that could cause my death. I am so glad that there is a God and I am so glad that I found salvation through His son. Now, my only fear is for the ones who do not believe. The sad part of it is..... even though it is a free gift, some will still refuse it. Just remember there are no atheists in hell. Once you die you will know that there is a God. Please ponder on that thought.

Back