• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Another day, another lesson Ive been missing learned nailed right between my eyes. God is patient, even when Im a short sighted dofus.
Right there with ya, man!

So, good news...I got a job offer today! Mediocre news...the salary was low. So I countered. If you or anyone gets a moment and wants to say a prayer that they accept my offer, I would appreciate it! :)
Got this all squared away. They came up to an acceptable amount, and I now have a job! Thanks for all the prayers! It has sure meant a lot!

Look we only have so much money to allocate to the mods. These offers were the best we could do

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I mean, I'm not trying to be an ungrateful employee or anything, but the Jelly of the Month Club instead of the usual bonus was kind of a kick in the jimmy!

2aca30b25e13b4eb18053f4815a970d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2aca30b25e13b4eb18053f4815a970d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing that I don't like about Osteen is that the prosperity gospel really isn't Biblical, but it's presented as though it is. The quote above is innocuous, and actually helpful in terms of how you should think about life goals. But in the broader context of his ministry, it is couched in this notion that God wants you to have everything you want and is just there to bless you, if you simply have enough faith or desire. He has created the universe to mold itself to your wishes and desires, if you just ask in faith and expect it to be so. It is in direct relation to The Secret and is actually quite counter to Scripture. In fact, when judged through the lense of the Bible, you could easily label it as demonic.

The thing that I don't like about Osteen is that the prosperity gospel really isn't Biblical, but it's presented as though it is. The quote above is innocuous, and actually helpful in terms of how you should think about life goals. But in the broader context of his ministry, it is couched in this notion that God wants you to have everything you want and is just there to bless you, if you simply have enough faith or desire. He has created the universe to mold itself to your wishes and desires, if you just ask in faith and expect it to be so. It is in direct relation to The Secret and is actually quite counter to Scripture. In fact, when judged through the lense of the Bible, you could easily label it as demonic.
Faith can take you great places, that much is certain ...

Faith can take you great places, that much is certain ...
It can, you're right. But I get nervous when the Gospel becomes a one-sided message of worldly happiness and prosperity. That stands opposed to Christ's message.

It can, you're right. But I get nervous when the Gospel becomes a one-sided message of worldly happiness and prosperity. That stands opposed to Christ's message.
I get nervous when people tell me what God meant ... he said what he said ... all we have to do is listen ... and then do and act ... but you know what, it ain't too hard just to be a good person ... "love your neighbor ..." ...

That over simplifies it, but it is the 2nd greatest commandment ...

If you folks get a chance, go on Youtube and watch some of Billy Graham's messages. Hard to imagine that he preached in Yankee stadium, Texas stadium, Tiger's stadium, just to name a few. Truly one of God's great ambassadors.

I’m sure people in the Bahamas were praying, and the thousands of dead bodies yet to be discovered, speaks volumes

Back