• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/19/20-4/20/20 Severe Weather

I could see the enhanced risk pulled north of Birmingham and a moderate risk along and south of I-20.

Baron 3km really likes that area Sunday night in Alabama. 5B8B1BD7-57A2-4A16-BB35-D3722136B521.jpeg

Just to make something known, I'm not expecting a big outbreak. Im more concerned one or two storms will cross that boundary and become tornadic and possibly drop a strong tornado over a fairly populated area. I'm looking at you Shelby County.

Just to make something known, I'm not expecting a big outbreak. Im more concerned one or two storms will cross that boundary and become tornadic and possibly drop a strong tornado over a fairly populated area. I'm looking at you Shelby County.
Hey now don't be bringing my county in to this I'm on the Bibb/Shelby line in pea ridge in Shelby county

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Didn’t you say you wouldn’t be surprised by a moderate?

A moderate may be needed for some areas considering what I've reviewed, and I would say a moderate would verify if there was 1 or 2 strong tornadoes.

Man i know this isnt tommorows event but what did we do with mother nature to deserve this.Screenshot_20200418-105142_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200418-105127_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's not time be a jackhole, I just asked because I know plenty people on this forum with a lot of meteorology experience. Btw I am an aspiring Meteorologist so have a seat @accu35 and learn to mind your business because I KNOW you did not know the answer to my question.
Your right I shouldn't said anything, just though since your a Meteorologist you would know these simple answers.

The latest guidance isn't lining up too badly with the SPC outlook.

Some of the updrafts are worse than the last event (of course it's a model)...

The sigtor/supercell parameters are still showing a chance of creeping further North.

Idk if TT GFS soundings are broken or I have a bad site.. but they keep showing 0 SBCape no matter what frame.. which is strange.

The latest guidance isn't lining up too badly with the SPC outlook.

Some of the updrafts are worse than the last event (of course it's a model)...

The sigtor/supercell parameters are still showing a chance of creeping further North.

Idk if TT GFS soundings are broken or I have a bad site.. but they keep showing 0 SBCape no matter what frame.. which is strange.
I think this event is definitely one to watch . Especially for central SC.

This system looks to have a higher bust potential than last Sunday's system. Especially because we are dealing with a much more stout wedge. Those can really extinguish the threat of severe weather.

From my understanding, around the edge/periphery of a wedge can get storm amplification too. Wedges tend to hold on longer.. and I guess we'll see just how far the warm front gets because here is the SPC wording about it, sounding confident about the warm front (im thinking CLT will be spared at this point):

There is also a threat of daytime supercells, possibly tornadic, as
the small capping inversion is eroded by early afternoon. During the
evening and overnight, low-level shear will increase further, and
models suggest southern AL into GA may be a favored area for
tornadoes. Bows or isolated supercells are possible into SC early
Monday morning as the relatively cooler air mass is destroyed by the
warm front.

Big hatch which isn't surprising.

There is some concern about dominant storm mode, but effective shear
of 50-60+ kt will easily support supercell structures. A 40-50+ kt
low-level jet is also forecast to develop across parts of LA/MS and
vicinity by peak afternoon heating. A corresponding increase in