• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/19/20-4/20/20 Severe Weather

If the convection becomes SFC based, like the models and SPC are indicating, I wouldn't be surprised if the MDT extends east into Central GA as well.

I am surprised the moderate risk did not go a hair further north into central alabama due to the NAM that ARCC showed earlier. This will be another interesting event to watch unfold.

If the convection becomes SFC based, like the models and SPC are indicating, I wouldn't be surprised if the MDT extends east into Central GA as well.

Yep. And *IF* we get the thermodynamics of the NAM with the clean warm sector and increasing helicity, I would say there is an outside shot for a small high risk area just a hair west of Montgomery. Alot will depend on if the cap blows up too fast and it all goes upscale quickly.

I am surprised the moderate risk did not go a hair further north into central alabama due to the NAM that ARCC showed earlier. This will be another interesting event to watch unfold.

It's probably smarter keeping it south for the moment and expanding it northward if needed. The current outlook is close to where the WRFs have the best envoiroment and warm fronts are notorious for not getting as far north as modeled.

Im kindve getting the vibe this event will be worst than last sundays for some reason. Its being talked about way less than last sundays which hopefully people arent suprised by any of these storms.Screenshot_20200418-154042_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200418-154102_Samsung Internet.jpg

Such a sharp cutoff on the northern fringe. It’ll be fun to watch how far north the higher dew points and warm front make it. Seems to be some fairly large disagreements on that part of the forecast amongst the models

8E48D94B-7D39-411C-A4A1-D658964887CD.jpeg

Such a sharp cutoff on the northern fringe. It’ll be fun to watch how far north the higher dew points and warm front make it. Seems to be some fairly large disagreements on that part of the forecast amongst the models

View attachment 39756
It goes from Moderate to Marginal in like 50 miles. Not sure ive ever seen a gradient that sharp.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are frost advisories in the MA. I could honestly see this wedge over-performing enough to keep a lot of this board in the stable air mass. Not that it won't scour out eventually, but it could be enough to keep things tame for a good while. The question is, at least for AL/GA/Carolina's is, will that meso low help destabilize the airmass enough tomorrow night and into Monday morning.

Got a flash flood watch issued here for 2-5 inches of rain and localized higher totals between 11:00 AM Sunday and 8:00 AM Monday. I’m on the northern fringe of it though so I will probably see around 2 inches if I were to guess.

Probably not seeing any severe weather up here, but heavy rain and storms? Yep.

Back