• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/19/20-4/20/20 Severe Weather

That big MCS really suppresses the warm sector, nowhere close to getting up into the Carolinas save maybe Charleston or Beaufort and even then, they're barely in it

Hrrr does make sense, often times trailing stratiform associated with MCSs trend more and more over time and are often undermodeled

Boy would the 0z runs be a big sigh of relief if it turned out to be what we see tomorrow. If there's going to be another major event soon for some areas that were hard hit, let's at least wait a little longer than a week.

Edit: Spoke too soon because the 0z NAM put some areas that had major problems last time back in play still although it was a major trend south.

Last edited:
Wow! Nam drenches Montgomery with more then 9 inches of rain tomorrow into Monday morning. Don’t know where yet but I would not be surprised to see some isolated 8+ inch rain reports from somewhere along the warm front tomorrow. Those that end up along it are going to have an absolute mess tomorrow. Severe storms and inches and inches of rain.292BD95C-63AD-472D-972A-180E6BBED4E7.png

Wow! Nam drenches Montgomery with more then 9 inches of rain tomorrow into Monday morning. Don’t know where yet but I would not be surprised to see some isolated 8+ inch rain reports from somewhere along the warm front tomorrow. Those that end up along it are going to have an absolute mess tomorrow. Severe storms and inches and inches of rain.View attachment 39772
Nearly 10" near Montgomery and 0.20" not far away in Dothan ? Thats a sharp cutoff. From 10" to nothing in like 50 miles.

If this is anywhere close to verifying, the warm sector is gonna have a real tough time getting anywhere near the I-20 corridor in GA. Wouldn't feel confident in the warm sector getting much further north of Jackson-Montgomery-Macon atm

View attachment 39767
I would think that is the "best" bet right now. I noticed even the NAM and 3KM NAM had a hard time making it even to MCN. 00z run

Wow! Nam drenches Montgomery with more then 9 inches of rain tomorrow into Monday morning. Don’t know where yet but I would not be surprised to see some isolated 8+ inch rain reports from somewhere along the warm front tomorrow. Those that end up along it are going to have an absolute mess tomorrow. Severe storms and inches and inches of rain.View attachment 39772
Much of Middle TN gets almost nothing in the rain gauge if that verifies.

Back