• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

Oh I'm sure there will be storms at some point I'm just saying I'm done believing model fantasies ?
The weather nerd in me says if the gfs has been this horrible at showing fake fantasy storms it could be just as bad as picking up initialization and we get a short term surprise that it has missed.

The weather nerd in me says if the gfs has been this horrible at showing fake fantasy storms it could be just as bad as picking up initialization and we get a short term surprise that it has missed.

Oh for sure. I mean look at the Gulf thing it wasn't hyped up on the models and very nearly became a thing(wouldn't surprise me in postseason if they declare it)

And tbh things closer to home are much more likely to become a problem anyway. It's a lot harder to get an African wave all the way across to the position(yeah they happen but there's a lot more that don't bother anyone)

Oh for sure. I mean look at the Gulf thing it wasn't hyped up on the models and very nearly became a thing(wouldn't surprise me in postseason if they declare it)

And tbh things closer to home are much more likely to become a problem anyway. It's a lot harder to get an African wave all the way across to the position(yeah they happen but there's a lot more that don't bother anyone)
And just like that the 0z is back to producing a cane in the long range.

73C3CF36-F643-410A-8829-09B9801649D5.png
Easterlies in the deep MDR relaxing substantially as well, which is one reason for the lower dust transport.

I did see a major hurricane off the eastern seaboard at around hour 300 on the GFS this morning. That being said this is the GFS model we are talking about and hour 300 is jumping a bit into the future.

Last edited:
Back