• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not wearing a mask again. One reason why I got vaccinated was so I wouldn't have to wear a mask anymore.

Totally. I did not get vaccinated to wear a mask again. No way I dont care what grandpa Biden says

I cancelled my flights on Friday and am just driving back lol haven't worn a mask at all down here and not about to start..Monday was the first time in weeks and that was only because of flying

Oh and yeah the reason I left DFW was the absurd cost of living

Anyone else seeing there neighborhood houses selling for crazy prices?

A house down the street from me…family paid $600k 2 years ago and just sold it for $800k. Makes me want to sell and live in a tent.
A house down the street from me sold for $550k. That's crazy for my hood. But this area of the county is really expanding. And with 540 going in nearby, I would expect to see things continue to increase...as long as the economy here stays hot.

Been dealing with CenturyLink internet issues for 16 months now and am just fed up. Reached out to ABC11 Trouble Shooter, hoping they will help us out with this.

During the height of the pandemic and both kids were home (college remotely), the wife was home and I was there every other day, we lost internet. Issue with one of their lines about .2 mile from our house (remember we live in rural area), they came out and replaced the line so internet was working but that line was just laid on top of the ground, next to the road. Long story short, 16 months later, 8 times (counting today) that line has been cut by road crews or farm crews mowing grass and no service. I've made over a dozen calls, talked to customer service, supervisors, technicians and finally back in April took to Twitter to express my concerns. I've had 2 long Twitter DM conversations with 2 different customer service reps who have "escalated" the situation and had tickets entered for the lines to be buried. Most recently they were scheduled to be buried Monday but that didn't happen and like I said, today the crews ripped those lines to shreds. There is no other internet provider in our location other than CenturyLink and we are at our wits end to get a resolution. So local media don't let me down

I've seen or heard this very message so many times over the last year it's ridiculous....

1626968393997.png

Last edited:
A house down the street from me sold for $550k. That's crazy for my hood. But this area of the county is really expanding. And with 540 going in nearby, I would expect to see things continue to increase...as long as the economy here stays hot.
You better ? ✋? that mf

Been dealing with CenturyLink internet issues for 16 months now and am just fed up. Reached out to ABC11 Trouble Shooter, hoping they will help us out with this.

During the height of the pandemic and both kids were home (college remotely), the wife was home and I was there every other day, we lost internet. Issue with one of their lines about .2 mile from our house (remember we live in rural area), they came out and replaced the line so internet was working but that line was just laid on top of the ground, next to the road. Long story short, 16 months later, 8 times (counting today) that line has been cut by road crews or farm crews mowing grass and no service. I've made over a dozen calls, talked to customer service, supervisors, technicians and finally back in April took to Twitter to express my concerns. I've had 2 long Twitter DM conversations with 2 different customer service reps who have "escalated" the situation and had tickets entered for the lines to be buried. Most recently they were scheduled to be buried Monday but that didn't happen and like I said, today the crews ripped those lines to shreds. There is no other internet provider in our location other than CenturyLink and we are at our wits end to get a resolution. So local media don't let me down

I've seen or heard this very message so many times over the last year it's ridiculous....

View attachment 86957
@Lickwx says he's a man's man and will bury the line for you with a spoon and butter knife

My next door neighbor bought in early 2019 for about $260k. Sold a couple days ago for $345k. It was listed for $315k! This is in Hillsborough too.
When my wife and I saw the house prices rocketing this was our conversation

Wife: We could sell our 200K house and make 100K to buy a bigger house!

Me: and buy what? That bigger house cost more too?

Wife: Well now we have 100K to put down...

Me: That's now how any of this works. Lets say we magically walk away with all 100K in profit. Well that 4 bedroom house also inflated, and now costs 350K - 400K. So We went from a remaining mortgage of 120K to 250K to 300K?? The only people upgrading in this scenario is the damn bank.

Me: That's now how any of this works. Lets say we magically walk away with all 100K in profit. Well that 4 bedroom house also inflated, and now costs 350K - 400K. So We went from a remaining mortgage of 120K to 250K to 300K?? The only people upgrading in this scenario is the damn bank.
The best thing to do would be to move to a much lower priced market. But that's not really easy for most people. You could also pocket the money and rent for a while, although renting is inflated as well. If you knew the market was going to correct in the not-too-distant future, that would be the thing to do. But who knows that? That's hard to tell.

Move to the midwest. You can get a nice house for cheap in many areas.

The best thing to do would be to move to a much lower priced market. But that's not really easy for most people. You could also pocket the money and rent for a while, although renting is inflated as well. If you knew the market was going to correct in the not-too-distant future, that would be the thing to do. But who knows that? That's hard to tell.
Or move to Wilkes, I understand their trailer market is hawt right now

You could always take the 100k profit and throw it into one of @Jimmy Hypocracy stonk plays, you'd be a millionaire in a few years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back