• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current outflow prior to landfall often gives you clues to what’s its gonna do without looking at models. And how the outflow is pointed. Safe calls can be made for northwest of New Orleans and north Georgia etc. However, everything is pointed ENE which will include Florida, Georgia/SC state line to coastal areas for severe weather. Alabama and Mississippi too but weighted S/E sections. Pink line is uncertainty and need to watch how this system evolves for the east coast (OBX north). 6F05C30A-FA47-49F9-BC82-520260F05298.jpeg

Current outflow prior to landfall often gives you clues to what’s its gonna do without looking at models. And how the outflow is pointed. Safe calls can be made for northwest of New Orleans and north Georgia etc. However, everything is pointed ENE which will include Florida, Georgia/SC state line to coastal areas for severe weather. Alabama and Mississippi too but weighted S/E sections. Pink line is uncertainty and need to watch how this system evolves for the east coast (OBX north). View attachment 85491
What if polar vortex splits?

Not sure if I agree with Potential Tropical Cyclone in terms of communication with the public. Why not just call it Cyclone? They don’t care if it’s tropical or sub or extra trop. And it’s no longer a potential when it’s gonna impact them! Surely I’m not the only one who sees this mess @Webberweather53

Not sure if I agree with Potential Tropical Cyclone in terms of communication with the public. Why not just call it Cyclone? They don’t care if it’s tropical or sub or extra trop. And it’s no longer a potential when it’s gonna impact them! Surely I’m not the only one who sees this mess @Webberweather53
Is that little signature at the bottom about your thought seeing your own written by you or something the mods forced on there lol?

Is it just me or is the long range still warming up when we get closer ? The last couple days seem to be an example if such, last weekend as well, and now start of this coming week looks warmer on my 10 day than it has .

Is it just me or is the long range still warming up when we get closer ? The last couple days seem to be an example if such, last weekend as well, and now start of this coming week looks warmer on my 10 day than it has .
Not really noticing that here. In fact earlier this week I was supposed to be in the mid to upper 90s today and tomorrow, and I ended up with a high of 91 today and forecast of 92 tomorrow that I think might be a bit too warm because it looks like clouds are gonna roll in sooner. My low temperatures did get a few degrees cooler than earlier forecasted the last couple mornings… I bottomed out at 55 the last two mornings. Now it just looks like we’re going into a pattern that will have temperatures close to average for the most part.

It's so late now that changing the designation would make things very confusing for local and regional emergency managers communication-wise.

Like I said. It will be stronger post landfall away from New Orleans. Not shocked at all with the TS declaration. My final call map will stay no changes. Absolutely absurd. I will be in contact with local emergency management teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back