• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else seeing there neighborhood houses selling for crazy prices?

A house down the street from me…family paid $600k 2 years ago and just sold it for $800k. Makes me want to sell and live in a tent.
Same here. A neighbor of mine paid $1.4 million a few years ago and sold it for $1.7 million recently.

Same here. A neighbor of mine paid $1.4 million a few years ago and sold it for $1.7 million recently.
You have a neighbor in hickory already ? Also nice , you rich if your neighbors homes are going for millions , coming from Indiana especially where it’s cheap ! Imma be nice from now on maybe I get added to the will!

A house down the street from me…family paid $600k 2 years ago and just sold it for $800k. Makes me want to sell and live in a tent.

The whole country (especially all of LA) seems to be moving to DFW. So yeah, homes are going for as much as $100K above list price. It's so bad that builders are resorting to cancelling contracts. Far flung towns that were in the middle of nowhere just 10-15 years ago are seeing subdivsions and shopping centers go up everywhere.

I even read a post on Reddit yesterday about a person who's being evicted so their landlord can sell their home for $500K without an inspection, and it's filled with all sorts of code violations that were making them sick.

If I recall, I think Brent mentioned the skyrocketing prices in DFW are part of the reason he left.

Not in Wilkes no one will pay a lot for used mobile home from the 1950’s even tho it survive Ice storms and hugo

The whole country (especially all of LA) seems to be moving to DFW. So yeah, homes are going for as much as $100K above list price. It's so bad that builders are resorting to cancelling contracts. Far flung towns that were in the middle of nowhere just 10-15 years ago are seeing subdivsions and shopping centers go up everywhere.

I even read a post on Reddit yesterday about a person who's being evicted so their landlord can sell their home for $500K without an inspection, and it's filled with all sorts of code violations that were making them sick.

If I recall, I think Brent mentioned the skyrocketing prices in DFW are part of the reason he left.
Prosper, TX north of Dallas has been growing fast. 2,000 people 20 years ago. Now its 30,000.

Red Hot Chili Peppers working on a new album. Hope it sounds like the Californication and By the Way albums. They were their best ones.

Basically. My grandpa was offered $15k an acre for our 40 acre family farm back in the early 2000’s. Didn’t sell. Land here is now worth around $70-100k an acre.

I have a copy of the original deed. I think my great great grandpa paid around $5k for the original 60’ish+ acre tract back in the late 1800’s.

Mobile homes have a 25 year lifespan of course no one is buying that even if that exists which I doubt !
The one I lived in was 27 years old and it was newer than a lot of folks. If you place them in-between hills/mtns/holes that are sheltered from wind and sun you would be surprised how old some are here.

Watch out Carolinas I’m afraid if this thing does develop near Myrtle beach it could blast the western Carolinas with hot dry sinking air up to 95-105 degrees but hopefully not maybe it will trend showery

I know some hilly areas that manage near zero sunlight year round due to terrain and heavy forest. That’s where I would put a trailer

Basically. My grandpa was offered $15k an acre for our 40 acre family farm back in the early 2000’s. Didn’t sell. Land here is now worth around $70-100k an acre.

I have a copy of the original deed. I think my great great grandpa paid around $5k for the original 60’ish+ acre tract back in the late 1800’s.
Man Im in the wrong business.

Mobile homes have a 25 year lifespan of course no one is buying that even if that exists which I doubt !
I bought a brand new Clayton modular/doublewide on a steal back in 2017 for $36,500 at a liquidator up in Goldsboro NC.. I set it up and underpinned it with brick out at our family farm. It will be paid off in January. The same exact 2021 model now costs $85,000 without delivery or setup. The plan was to buy this and live in it while we save to build. Now imagine if we had just been renting an apartment for the last 4 years. One of the best decisions of my life was buying this thing. Need vasectomy though because we’re about to outgrow it ?.

Wilke Co needs a university I think lawsuit needs to be made to breakup asu they too big for their britches come down the MTN and make a top school on the Kerr Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back