• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

God it feels weird to be tracking the infamous “I” named storm in July. I don’t ever remember doing this before it feels like 2005.

God it feels weird to be tracking the infamous “I” named storm in July. I don’t ever remember doing this before it feels like 2005.

Even 2005 it was August

And then there was a lull mid month if we don't lull we can pull further ahead

Haven’t seen any mention of it here yet, but the NHC has a new area of interest to monitor for development in the coming days.

A westward-moving tropical wave located about 1000 miles east of the
Lesser Antilles is producing a limited amount of shower activity.
Some slow development of this system is possible while it turns
northwestward over the western Atlantic by early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.CDB77662-1204-4FF4-8195-2BB0EF425F85.png

Before the season if anyone had said that we would have 10 tropical systems of at least depression strength before August 1st I would have said you were crazy. Yet here we are... incredible.

Last edited:
Yeap just appetizers so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep said the same thing on a couple people's post last night

It does look like a lull for a week or two but there's apparently gonna be a favorable wave around the 15th-20th which ironically is when I always consider the real season to start

Even 2005 had a lull in August before Katrina happened and the rest is history

Yep 0z GFS likes one of those African waves forms a major in western Caribbean before weakening in Gulf of Mexico

Back