• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

The last time we had a long track hurricane in the Caribbean in July was 2005, just keep that in mind haha. Might have a few chances at that here

I notice that 99l will be coming into an unfavorable environment this weekend, will it be able to restrengthen as it exits that environment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that in a two to three months we are going to wish this season did not happen even though it is fun to track at the moment.

Yeah 2005 was fun for awhile and then...

We're still ahead on named storms as long as Gonzalo forms in the next couple of days and even Hanna is possible not counting that long range Euro storm

Yeah 2005 was fun for awhile and then...

We're still ahead on named storms as long as Gonzalo forms in the next couple of days and even Hanna is possible not counting that long range Euro storm
Yeah my view on hurricanes have changed a lot since I moved to the coast.

I got a feeling that there won’t be much of any dry air to weaken any storms coming ashore this year. There has been very little if any dry air to mix out dews this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah my view on hurricanes have changed a lot since I moved to the coast.

And if you the area you live in were ever heaven forbid hit hard by a hurricane, I bet your view would change a whole lot more (well assuming you're not insane, of course) even assuming evacuation to safety during the storm and even if your home is not badly damaged due to the absolutely nasty and very depressing after effects that go on endlessly and can change life forever. And that's in a normal year without a pandemic. We really need a quiet year for landfalls as much as ever, which I remain hopeful for. We are so due a bust to the quiet side. I'd sure love to see Joe Bastardi bust very badly.

Not the Atlantic but the first EPAC hurricane of the season is forecast to reach Hawaii on Sunday145820_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

With the way things are looking right now there is a chance we may have at least 2 more named storms before the end of July. One being the system entering the gulf and the other developing from the wave behind Gonzalo. Crazy.

Back