• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern 12/15-19 Coastal!!!!!

icon: borderline blizzard for myself and a lucky blob the size of vermont. lol:

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_41.png

do not think this will happen but the interaction between our wet bomb and the trailing shortwave should be monitored. there is a camp that take it to a sharp cutoff. icon is wild because it folds into a negative tilt and gets a coastal rolling. other solutions on the table include some instability token IP/flakes or maybe some sort of clipper. likely nothing, but just think energy that sharp and begging to be cut off line that warrants some mild attention

One more shift like that and a lot of us will be dry. That's a big change in 1 run from near Lake Erie to Norfolk VA.
Don’t think we see nomore shifts maybe small shifts to east or west with low but major impacts to SE this weekend.

Oh to have had a cold feed for this. Someone could of had a shot at perosnal/backyard history maker.
I'm actually glad there is no cold air around for this one. I'm going to be too far west to get in on the rain. There is a sharp cut-off along a Thomaston, GA to Athens, GA line, much like a landfall from a tropical system. It would suck beyond belief watching Milledgeville, GA get 24" of snow while I sit under mostly cloudy skies.

Any would-be climatologists know what the min pressure record for the state of NC is during the month of December?

Euro still advertising the novelty flake on its way out. 2-3 inches snow in the mtns: Heavy rains across NC and believe a 975mb right on SE NC Coast with 60mph wind gust on the coastal waters. Big erosion event

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma.png

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png

Euro still advertising the novelty flake on its way out. 2-3 inches snow in the mtns: Heavy rains across NC and believe a 975mb right on SE NC Coast with 60mph wind gust on the coastal waters. Big erosion event

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma.png

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png
I'm not sure 2m temps will play nice with this would be better if the trailing system got a little farther SW but it's a chance at least

Back