• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern 12/15-19 Coastal!!!!!

There was no chance of snow on this, ever! 850 0 line is in Canada
I think he’s referring to the chance that GSP had previously mentioned for the highest peaks in NC… above 5,000 ft. Even that now seems impossible with such an inland track. On the other hand does seem to be a pocket of colder 850s over the Ohio Valley that could be tapped into and contribute to some backside NW flow snow showers, but even that would be very limited

0z gfs was little west again this run putting western Alabama into play

GFS is way inland compared to the rest of the guidance, even its own ensemble. However I do notice the 0z GFS ensemble seems to be coming northwest through 78 hours

GFS is way inland compared to the rest of the guidance, even its own ensemble. However I do notice the 0z GFS ensemble seems to be coming northwest through 78 hours
I see a few members trying to effect Louisiana lol

Euro has caved to the mighty GFS on tonights 0Z run83B16735-62E2-4B35-8366-C5C725FC3231.png8845AE97-30D0-40BF-912E-80366D6C73F0.png

Last nights Euro with some decent changes. Gives mtns a nice little lick on the back side. And spits some flakes out for some Tuesday

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

sn10_acc-imp.us_ma.png
prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.png

That's 1 foot+ totals on the Balsams per Euro. As you head west out of Waynesville toward Sylva, you can get on the parkway. Hang a right and it will take you straight up to 6,000 feet ( waterlock Knob ). You chasers if your insane enough can park at the gate if its locked and take a nice Everest like hike up the road. Don't recommend. Also Maggie valley ( cattaloochee is right under that lollipop.

That's 1 foot+ totals on the Balsams per Euro. As you head west out of Waynesville toward Sylva, you can get on the parkway. Hang a right and it will take you straight up to 6,000 feet ( waterlock Knob ). You chasers if your insane enough can park at the gate if its locked and take a nice Everest like hike up the road. Don't recommend. Also Maggie valley ( cattaloochee is right under that lollipop.
If it played out this way, Cataloochee would be the way to go. Rent a pair of skis and call it a day.

Back