• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

12z EPS MSLP anomaly, it's not far off from the placement of the low from what the 12z JMA has. Thats a good low placement at this point. Need room for the NW trend.
9fffd41b256f225721e7950f1aab3ad9.jpg

My bad. Here you go...through day 10 and 15. I guess that’s probably annoying when a map is posted that doesn’t encompass the majority of the SE.

795E2BAA-76E7-4772-BDCF-651D6358961A.png2DEFB282-3272-453B-AB3B-E79650FAA967.png

My bad. Here you go...through day 10 and 15. I guess that’s probably annoying when a map is posted that doesn’t encompass the majority of the SE.

View attachment 12161View attachment 12162

I like that look, I like it a lot. If we have that location, there will be buckets of tears for both reasons. To bad after I leave where I'm at, I'm in the dark until tomorrow. Stupid FedEx.

Looking over the EPS members, some are insane. Lots of sub 1000mb lows out of the GOM. Even more insane is that even with the low in the panhandle, 850s are still -4 down south of Montgomery. If this amps more, we will have members <990mbs in the GOM. That's '93 type stuff.

Edit: OK its time.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Looking over the EPS members, some are insane. Lots of sub 1000mb lows out of the GOM. Even more insane is that even with the low in the panhandle, 850s are still -4 down south of Montgomery. If this amps more, we will have members <990mbs in the GOM. That's '93 type stuff.

Is WeatherBell still doing free trials? I feel like it would be the perfect week to try it out.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more pumped and excited about a potential storm. I’ve waited my entire life to witness a 6+ inch snow in our state and see something similar to 93. I’m hoping and praying this works out in our favor! ARCC, when I see that you’re on board, I get happy.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more pumped and excited about a potential storm. I’ve waited my entire life to witness a 6+ inch snow in our state and see something similar to 93. I’m hoping and praying this works out in our favor! ARCC, when I see that you’re on board, I get happy.

Its gonna be a long week like the storms in '10, '11, '14 and '15. From personal experience with lots of joy and tears. In December '17, the big dog snuck up on us, not this time. Shawn needs to stock up on caffeine to keep this place up.

I had a look on Weather.us at the snowfall from the members. Probably about 3 or so "Almost boardwide" hits, and many had a satisfying amount of snow in GA and other areas in the path. I'm holding my chips, and all it will take is a better solution for GA for me to put my chips in too. If you're doing it many of us will be more confident I'm sure. I bet we will all be rolling on the hype train tomorrow if things look great.

North GA has some pretty huge hits on the EPS. Some middle and central GA as well. Throw in come coastals and some with only the mountains. Still a big range.

I had a look on Weather.us at the snowfall from the members. Probably about 3 or so "Almost boardwide" hits, and many had a satisfying amount of snow in GA and other areas in the path. I'm holding my chips, and all it will take is a better solution for GA for me to put my chips in too. If you're doing it many of us will be more confident I'm sure. I bet we will all be rolling on the hype train tomorrow if things look great.

Don't hold confidence in me, while I try to stay grounded but I go way too bullish when I do get excited. In others words don't blame me if this goes kaput.

But, those members....... Its hard to bet against the Euro when it has that many members behind it.

If it do I’m definitely done too.. Can you guys say a quick prayer for Columbia SC.
I’d be happy for chris for sure. But man, I’d likely have to walk away from it from awhile. Anyways, I hope we all get something off this. Would be nice if somehow we all got what we wanted off one storm.

Back