• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry 1/26-1/28 Winter Storm Potential

giphy.gif
Only time of the year I eat popcorn.

This timeframe the ensembles are our best friends. Globals will jump a ton but what we need to look for over the next 24-48 hrs is more ensemble support.

So far over the last 24hrs the gefs and eps are both slowly picking up on a coastal threat, many are now showing a more classic Miller A style storm. We want to see this continue today and tomorrow.

5231D4C8-68C5-4CE4-B25C-78CAC193C53C.gif
One eps member is a january 2000 repeat for Central NC.

Here is the latest gefs run at 06z. See the obvious LP off the NC coast? That is a big improvement on the gefs over the last 4-6 runs and is the trend we want to see
3BFEC487-6A49-490A-9F4A-05167C651B82.png

And this might be me just grasping at straws here, but if there’s anything I’d be concerned about in GA regarding the FV3, it’s BL temps. I suppose based on the initial track of the low, there would be a little WAA.

I know it’s only 1 run & temps are always gonna be iffy around here.

And this might be me just grasping at straws here, but if there’s anything I’d be concerned about in GA regarding the FV3, it’s BL temps. I suppose based on the initial track of the low, there would be a little WAA.

I know it’s only 1 run & temps are always gonna be iffy around here.

Yeah globals wont get remotely “reliable” until Tuesday. By then it’ll be in that 144-160hr range when globals become more stable.

But good trends on ensembles and nice to see an OP model throw out a good hit.

Back