• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

South Carolina will jackpot this run, enjoy it SC posters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank God we have a health care professional in the house - Jon - get to the consultation counter, immediately .... :D

Reactions: Jon
Hmm...I see a stronger wave and more snow here for many areas, so far.

Yeah I was a little early it's less aggressive for some areas and a little more for others. Not as good for Tennessee as previous runs

Reactions: Jon
Doesn't look that bad actually. Yeah, it's weak, but just say everything in there is melting flakes and it settles the argument on how much snow the snow areas get.
namconus_ref_frzn_seus_44.png
I don't see the problem!? Looks good to me

I'll be damned. Even my back yard. First run where's I've seen actual snow here.

Now that I come to it, the NAM fooled me with the last serious threat. I was scratching my head at how it had the system play out a few days before the storm, turns out that it had a clue but had too much precip. It may have too much precip this early.

Edit: There goes the NAM trying to throw me a bone again.

So close for N SC border counties!!! If it wasn't for a warm nose at 850 likely due to WAA they'd be sitting nice. I wonder what the freezing rain map looks like...of course a lot of the snow maps aren't all snow but wow, close for SC

But also remember that sometimes the GFS and other models also underdue the precip, especially in the later winter months toward spring. I would not be one bit surprised to see more robust precip that what the gfs and especially the euro have shown. So while the NAM may be a bit overdone, I would say there is a good chance the gfs and euro are somewhat underdone as well.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping. As I said earlier I have a feeling we will do good up north where the cold is no problem. On a side note it's thundering pretty good with lots of lighting so we know we are seeing snow now! Lol

Back