• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

I fully expect the NAM to back way off on snow totals here in a little bit . As Webber pointed out the NAM has a know bias of too much QPF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fully expect the NAM to be right!

and furthermore he refuses, despite numerous pleas, to post sexy snow maps for FL ... LOL :cool:

What snow maps? lol jk, there are a few storms (March 1993, December 1989, March 1986, January 1977, February 1973, February 1958, February 1899, etc.) but few are terribly significant

Alright time for things to start ticking upward again for northern tn. Olhausen let's reign this one in.
I'd love 3-4 or more but I'll be more then satisfied with 1-2 inches in march. I'll admit I was a little bummed when totals first went down. I then quickly remembered it's almost mid march and we may even get a dusting out of next weeks storm!

What snow maps? lol jk, there are a few storms (March 1993, December 1989, March 1986, January 1977, February 1973, February 1958, February 1899, etc.) but few are terribly significant
Hey Webb! - I know :( Just sittin' here wishin' - but come September, I bet I can put some maps up! :mad:
Keep up the good work - it sure as hell beats watching TV :p
Thanks, Man!

The dumping is happening. Get ready for a great set of runs, if you know what I mean!

xcvvc.png

I looked over that Para NAM. There is nothing that makes sense for the 2 inch amounts (would be sleet) through here. In fact the precipitation type maps even show rain. Odd little snow map generation we have there.

Yes! What type of coloring book would you like...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One with clowns in it because this model is a complete clown. Seriously, the entire suite of NCEP models are slowly becoming the laughing stock of the meteorological community, and the NAM is the epitome of this

One with clowns in it because this model is a complete clown. Seriously, the entire suite of NCEP models are slowly becoming the laughing stock of the meteorological community, and the NAM is the epitome of this
Already colored in for you ... LOL ;)

image.jpg

I'd love 3-4 or more but I'll be more then satisfied with 1-2 inches in march. I'll admit I was a little bummed when totals first went down. I then quickly remembered it's almost mid march and we may even get a dusting out of next weeks storm!
But also remember that sometimes the GFS and other models also underdue the precip, especially in the later winter months toward spring. I would not be one bit surprised to see more robust precip that what the gfs and especially the euro have shown. So while the NAM may be a bit overdone, I would say there is a good chance the gfs and euro are somewhat underdone as well.

Back