• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

NAM is great for northern half of Tennessee into southern Kentucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ew

lol_ew.png

I will write it.....while the models continue to trend southward for the system on Sunday we expect a NW in the models soon with a maxima of wintry precipitation from Roxboro to Roanoke Rapids where 4-6 inches of snow could fall. South of there along the I40 corridor expect rain mixed with or changing to snow at times with little to no accumulations. South of this area toward Fayetteville expect all rain.
83dd9f2e31b4cedf9f2b540188ee3066.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From my knowledge NAM has a Northern bias with Gulf Lows.
But it did well for Jan storm...

NAM @84 is in it's long range and is horrible at that range, past 48 hours it's horrible for the most part and yes it did great with thermal profiles during the January storm, once it was within 48 hrs.... take it with the proverbial grain of salt

Nashville AFD says i40 north . Anything south of there no big deal . They go with mostly rain throughout the day Saturday with a brief change to snow north of i40 late with 1-2 inches possible there . They said its early

NAM @84 is in it's long range and is horrible at that range, past 48 hours it's horrible for the most part and yes it did great with thermal profiles during the January storm, once it was within 48 hrs.... take it with the proverbial grain of salt

I take most models w/a grain of salt when it comes to winter weather in the SE.

Yeah no major changes on the 18z,

slp is slightly north this run off the SC coast compared to the 12z, heavier amounts NC this time looks like

Back