• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

18z gefs
901527b23fa605d30d502822a6592038.jpg

93a8c265e39258994621d43e70d12152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little late as I was in a bit of a rush but I see the EPS tried to excite me by there being some members that throw snow back into my area ohhhhhh it's lit.

I still don't expect there to be any snow here. Perhaps folks that are in North Georgia might get lucky and get to see token flakes though and boy would that be crazy. Winter looked dead and done just a few days ago, this has been quite a turn.

Much better run compared to the 12z for NC folks..... I wonder (maybe just wishful thinking) if the precip shield would be a little more expansive with that slp right off the coast, either way it upped the qpf and was ever so slightly north of the 12z.

Yeah models usually underestimate the northern extent and intensity of precipitation during overrunning/isentropic ascent. That will likely be the case here, esp on the GFS.

If the gfs verified our snow would probably be melted by evening :(

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
If we get 4 inches of snow Sunday there will be some around of course according to Mike maze the ground is warm and the air is warm so this doesn't bode well for a big snow......

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am surprised that my high Sunday hasn't dropped much despite all the models saying that I will be in the 40s all day. It is at 57 currently, but I feel that if they drop it they will have to explain why it isn't showing snow. :p

If we get 4 inches of snow Sunday there will be some around of course according to Mike maze the ground is warm and the air is warm so this doesn't bode well for a big snow......

The weather channel show weather underground is getting ready to do a segment on how the sun angle effects snow totals. I know that this touches a nerve with some on here. Lol

air is warm? it won't be when it's snowing...did you mean air will be around freezing or even slightly above perhaps when it's snowing ?

air is warm? it won't be when it's snowing...did you mean air will be around freezing or even slightly above perhaps when it's snowing ?
No I quoted a local TV met, he said the air will be warm..... can't make this stuff up

Back